The Tek Live From Seattle... Finally | Tek Syndicate

More monitors and driver support needs to come out in order to see the true potential of Freesync. What needs to happen is for Freesync to be implemented in sub $300 monitors if it is going against G-sync. Nvidia will have trouble with that market since G-sync goes more into premium monitors and the module and licensing fees already costs hundreds of dollars to implement.

I don't know if Hard Drives will be completely replaced but it might just end up in a niche market instead while SSDs will be mainstream. It wiill be awesome when you build a computer of almost any budget to have an SSD instead of a HDD. If a 1TB SSD cost less than $100, then they will take over and I would never use a HDD ever again.

I would love to have night vision. I think that is honestly awesome. This could be useful to those working at the safaris of Africa studying nocturnal animals.

3D/4D Printing will revolutionize the future. No doubt in that.

I honestly do not like the Cinematic Mod. On a technical level, it is impressive, but it destroys the atmosphere of Half-Life in the process. Everything is just out of place no matter how much you revert some of the assests back to the original. Nothing is in sync. Don't even get me started on the models they added in the game. If you want your half life experience to look like as if it was directed by Michael Bay and JJ Abrams, then be my guest.

The Update mod, however, is something that I like. It increases the visual fidelty of the game in a subtle manner, yet still retains the atmosphere that what made Half-Life 2 special. It also comes with a countless list of bug fixes as well. Need to try it out.

I'd like to see a music player that uses M-SATA or even something as big as an SSD or m.2 as external or removable storage, It'd have a form factor amp and would use mini USB for data transfer/charging because micro USB always finds a way to break(for me) while mini USB has always stood indestructible. I'd build this myself but I'm poor and don't have the resources.

Have you checked out Portland?

Hope you found something good Logan! Just a quick question. What are all your homies doing? Aka Pistol, Albert, Spanks & Umbrah? Are they going to move with you? WASD is great and I would hate to see it drop off the Teksyndicate roster.

Jesus Quicksaves is back! YES!

Watching this on the big screen.

That's what you get for trying to make a heater from you laptop hehe , there is a movement in portugal for a public audit to the debt and the credit default swaps following the same line but there is a difference between the education here and iceland , there 850 people in the streets brought the government out .Here not even a million people would do it politicians here have no shame . Elizabeth Warren seems to fine what do you think @Logan ?wall street is threatening to take the support out of the republicans because she want's to put them all in jail .

Loved Logan's quote from this episode.

1 Like

@Logan

Have you considered moving to Canada? Plenty of places with nothing but trees outside your window (no buildings or people).

You also escape some of the nastyness going on in the US (but our Government seems hell bent on copying what the US govt is doing).

Good fast internet can be a problem in some of the rural places, but you could find acreages 5-10 mins outside of a city that may have a decent service. Linus might actually be able to help you find a place in B.C. which would suit your needs.

1 Like

When I think of Seattle, I think of Microsoft. I remember reading in the book Hard Drive about a young Bill Gates winning a meal at the Space Needle. It was something to do with the church he went to as a child.

Logan should move to Chicago. We need a better tech scene, and it is closer to Kentucky.

+1 Portland is usually knocked by Seattleites for having fewer jobs, but that's not really an issue when you're self-employed. The real estate market there doesn't feel like such a bubble either.

Living in Seattle proper is insane unless everyone you know does too and you never need a car for anything.

You should look up the Jupiter Broadcasting team. they live in the Seattle Area.

Wendell, can you give some more information on modem buffers with some recommendations on how to minimise latency on existing gear as well as what to look for in modem/routers.

1 Like

If you don’t mind living outside of Seattle, Kitsap County
can be a good place for someone who likes to be outside and away from people. It’s
a ferry ride from Seattle and a bridge away from the Olympic National Forest.

I too would like to know.

I do not recommend living in Seattle. Try the surrounding areas, as others have mentioned. Or go live in the middle of nowhere (Buckley) and embrace the inner Hick.

You should try more in the Bellevue, Redmond area cleaner and still just 20 minutes from Seattle. i live father than that in smaller town called north bend its like 30 minutes from Seattle.

@Logan are you checking out places in canada aswell? you'd love it here, we've got lots of trees