The Tek 0244: Hack The Planet | Tek Syndicate

It's not about those individual programs.

It's about the fact, that if a program can flash the UEFI, that's because Linux has an API that allows it to do it.

That API can also be used by viruses. You don't need flashrom.

Anyway...we strayed bit...The point is not that Linux is not vunerable, becuase it is...The point is that becuase of that leaked golden key, secure boot is basically also useless...You machine security will not change much whether is it enable or disabled, becuase of the existence of that key.

Quadrooter can root any phone? That's awesome but at the same time very scary.
How is this done? I m interested in rooting my fire TV v1.

Rooted Fire TV's are pretty sweet once Kodi is side-loaded.

1 Like

Yea I wanna install the google play store & xposed and change the default launcher to something more android,

Very curious to see how @wendell rooted his "unrootable" phone...

1 Like

I would prolly go with an adroid TV skin, TBH. Gotta have that 10ft display GUI. Unless you have it hooked up to a monitor then nova wouldn't be bad.

As developer you can install and place items on other places. It just like the classic X account in Windows. That bug they mentioned just gives you full access. it's a Trojan horse that was meant to be used for development.

You just put all the necessary items for a account on the right places. It's almost just copy and passed, but correct me if i look to it too simple.

It's sad too see but Android OS is the Windows OS under the phones. Just because carrier don't upgrade and lost of there users have no clue what a phone is.

1 Like

@wendell @DeusQain good episode

On Tor, I think the message you guys have been saying all the time is pretty on point, Tor's problem has never been that it doesnt do what it says it does, its that people think it does things it doesnt do. It provides a specific type of protection against a specific type of threat.

The social contract is a good idea, I think some of it was assumed, but to have it written down is a good step.

Also obligatory Hackers clip

I can detect a slight echo on Wendell's voice. Anyone else hear that? I only noticed it because I have some pretty decent earbuds.

what if amazon secretly put quadrooter into their underground app... I could picture serious insidious potential they could use to spy on their own customers.

I think they already have that Amazon Echo.

does that have a camera?

Hmm apparently not, but i wouldn't be surprised if they used super sonic to render the room.

1 Like

Troll level: Wendell

I dont know man

pretty elaborate troll

It's not healthy to eat rolls of tin foil

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Since you don't read YouTube comments ... cut ... paste ...

"What a great The Tek. It is time to fire Logan. LOL! I KID! I KID!

Thanks for the entertainment and information and in regards to No Man's Sky eh it should be referred to as No Man's Buy. Btw I invented that and if people see it posted by anyone but me aka DeViLzzz you tell the people that post it they stole it."

Btw now time to go watch a replay of TeamPGP No Man's Sky.

Update: TeamPGP confirmed that No Man's Sky = ****