The Tek 0239: The Future Sucks, What Can We Do? | Tek Syndicate

To German Futureproof.
I see cases in which Germany is behind now.
For example designing cars for the Online-Generation.
It seams to me that Tesla is the only company that has Products to fit this Generation of customers (me for example). I am from Germany, and big into cars. That Tesla is the only Company providing a Product for Tekies like me is a bit worrying. Because the car industry is the backbone of our economy, like the military industry for the US for example. In other words, if Tesla overtakes BMW. Audi, Mercedes, ... it really will cripple or economy hard. My hope is that the old Management realises the problem and brings in some people from my generation or younger to correct this.
My hope is our strong fascination for hightek will help us to innovate back on track.

However our chancellor thought it would be a good idea to take in a lot of people from parts of the world where working is not one of the big priority's in life. I don't mean it in a racist kind of way, it is more a cultural thing i am able to observe because someone from my family manages a refugee hostel.
I can make the prediction that the majority of this people don't immigrate very well because many think there culture or religion is superior to ours so learning our language is not that important for example. Which means they can't work in our hightek Industry.
So to make it short a LOT of money is bound in welfare in the next decades, we should have put in innovation to stay relevant in the future. Don't get me wrong, i think we have a moral obligation to help Syrians in a capacity we can afford. However even a refuge must try to earn his own money i think. Also a lot of people from other country's came too, because they hear from our great welfare system and such. This is no empty claim by me, a lot of this people are very blunt about this. But i can't blame this people, they often come from very poor country's. We have a saying -A lack of borders invites a lack of respect-
So will Germany stay relevant in the coming online-age? I think it will be decided by how honest and reliable we manage the refuge crises to be honest.

Because they are doing very bad things that were not in the interest of the rest of government, while getting all the extra data new laws let them threaten people for. House Ordos and Tropico 6 pre sequel: medieval europe

Hillary commits genocide in Libya and you white people are concerned about her Email Server? Wendel the double standard is amazing and you people act like you don't know why these people attack you after you destroy their entire tribe and civilization.

1 Like

What about Infinifactory, @wendell ?

Zachtronics games are amazing.

I was listening a to a sceince show and now I have to be fit to make healthy babies when can I relax if not with sex :(

I don't get it.

Oh god, I was hoping people wouldn't argue about politics. I was so young and so naive an hour ago.

Anyway, judging from JayzTwoCents' latest thumbnail (didn't get a chance to actually watch his video yet) I'd say that you're giving away Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extreme. Nice.

10 Years for piracy is fine, because that means you'll serve, maybe 3? Tops! In any case, I was having a discussion with someone in another community, and they where just stunned at how illegal it is to transcode media you already own to another format here in the UK. So we're not just talking about downloads here, but if you have an extensive CD or DVD collection, or (in my case) VHS, or (in my friends cases) Compact Audio Cassette, that was never converted and sold in a digital form which you convert so you can still enjoy when all your players eventually break down and you can't get alternatives... That's illegal now! I'm not sure how they justify selling those USB tape players turntables and stuff, but I guess if you are the copyright holder of the content on your tapes then it's okay??? Otherwise, no. :(

Another key point is that almost everything is illegal in the U.K. We only actually arrest you for it if someone in power doesn't like you, and you only actually go down for it if the people who shall remain nameless decide they actually like the person in power who got you arrested in the first place. ;) Can we do anything about it? No. No, that's just not how the law works here. It's not decided by people, or the politicians we vote for. It's decided by the lords, and the bar and they aren't accountable to anyone, so... That's why everything is illegal, and very little is actually enforced.

System Shock (1994) was a sci-fi attempt at what Ultima Underworld (1992) had already done in terms of 1st person RPG with interactive objects and inventory, puzzles etc. etc. etc. Don't act like there was nothing like it before. ;) I jest, and am looking forward to the remake because I kinda missed SS the first time around because I was still having too much fun replaying UUW over and over again... It would be really nice to see an HD remaster of Ultima Underworld too though...But it's copyright is now owned by EA, so I can't imagine that going well.

Actually, I think System Shock did make "shooter" a key part, (pro players can correct me) where it was distinctly optional in Ultima. You could shoot spells, arrows or sling-shot, but most of the time a sword or mace was probably going to be a better choice. Even if you chose to be a master spell-weaver and had all the uber ranged spells, many enemy AIs tended to flee when low on health. So if you want to loot a corpse, you're going to need at least a dagger and some skill in running.

I'm not about to condone anything the government does. They're generally liars and sociopaths... including the POTUS.

I find it funny when people discretely suggest racism and use terms like "you white people" in the same statement.

Really good show this week and I can't wait for the "Exuberant Amount of content that's coming our way".

Really glad I've been a part of this community can't and that I've found a community that's full of really informative and awesome people.

Cheers, "Ching"

Definitely sharing the Hillary thing with my peeps because of American media bowing down to her and OTHER Democrats & Republicans owning the media.

Watching the Overwatch Stream now, I need more Beer Games Beer in my life.

You've just been comey-overed.

Your what ? :)

Anyone else see Logans mouse pointer drifting around when he is not touching it?

happens with crazy high dpi mice all the time

it's not a ghost :)

You talk about cars, however the "Industrie 4.0" thing applies to everything, every single manufactured good.

Do we really need Internet connected refrigerators ? I don't think so.

Forget about the Email server, they should be doing a full audit on the Clinton Foundation.

Follow the money.

At the beginning of the show it was mentioned about people on the message boards being mad about @Logan covering a certain show he was at and my thing is I will just say that I wish there was a more political wing of Tek Syndicate that nobody knew about that would form protests outside certain events you go to and say this tech is bad if used in this way or that. Also it is possible to report on much of this stuff too by not even going to certain shows. Finally yes I am supportive of groups that want to sabotage things and slow down certain so called good advancements in tech that you know are only going to be abused by the powers that be and if people that support Tek Syndicate aren't into that well so be it. I guess it wouldn't be good for business though for Tek Syndicate but that there is not my concern. I am anti-commerce so yeah.

Germany is resisting change and the facts are the world could resist much change and be better for it. I am talking about in terms of quality of life. Some of the things we see as good progress isn't so good.

In regards to the Tesla Motors thing I am glad that Tesla Motors responded the way they did citing that their vehicles are safer than what else is on the road. Even though it is obvious to anyone with a brain it needed to be done. The press causing an uproar is just LOL!

@Logan mentioning that there are just different rules for different people is of course true but sad. Hillary Clinton should see a jail cell but won't. What would be a nice surprise is if the American people would just vote a 3rd party candidate or independent into the presidency but that has zero chance of happening. People want to make their vote count ... LOL! Good luck with the two idiots you have running for president.

As for the UK bill introducing 10 year prison sentences for online piracy well hey in a world of commerce there should be tougher punishments for all crimes related to theft but this should apply to white collar criminals who steal from investors and banks that commit wrong doings too but that will not happen on a regular basis. In a perfect world also which we can have if people want it content would be shared freely and we wouldn't even be talking about this UK bill right now.

Putin wanting a Hyperloop is only good for this world. More clean travel is good.

Oh and as for what the guy did in regards to the Google car situation I support using the threat of force in some situations but this is not one of them.

As for the "bae" thing I am glad you reminded me the word means "shit" in some other language. I think I had it explained to me one time what it meant but I forget and I am glad I forget.

Last but not least as gaming is fun I don't think I will be playing either of the games mentioned at the end but why do I need to when I have a back log 4 life.

If there was a WendellTekTips t-shirt on sale that could probably pay for the trip to the UK on its own.

Speaking of @Logan in the UK, where can we meet you in London and what do you need south of London?

@wendell 10 Overwatch game concepts that make no sense :D . Doesn't contain Reaper's reload animation but point out a few other interesting good ones :D ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJrWJQp5dXo

wouldn't it be easier to make example of her? and from that point any1 does anything boom - jail time or you just lost your job in government. That's how federal government works - federal government always wins. The case has shown a double standard on how you deal with entities, in case of computer hackers/crackers/lamers that kind of explanations wouldn't work - it historically never worked. It wouldn't be hard to make a case against her.

If its not double/triple standard, well then its great FBI has such great ethics - its the first time i've heard they do.