The Tek 0207: TORible News

I would love to see The Tek crew playing some DnD.

1 Like

I want a HUGE tek syndicate desk mat not just a really long one. Like the ones you already have just like 4 times taller.

if you want to play D&D online, roll20 is a decent option.

1 Like

I really like RPGs, but never played D&D. Thought about it though. I saw that film The Dungeon Masters and it really piqued my interest. Really good film imo. I like the author.

D&D is 1/3 rpg, 1/3 group story writing, and 1/3 math and effort.

all video games are limited. there are only so many options and so many things you can do with them. D&D is less like a game and more like a game engine. it gives the dungeon master and players the tools to make their own story and game and customize it endlessly, but simplified enough that anyone with basic math skills can figure it out and play.
if you want to get in to it, roll20 has a system to find a group to play with.

What is the use for this? I don't even get the need for a desk mat :-/

extreme advertisement for TS desk mat:

WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK? IS THAT A TEK SYNDICATE DESK MATT?
IT SURE THE FUCK YOUR ASS CHEEKS IT IS!
DO YOU SEE THIS BLACK YOU PUNK ASS MOTHAFUCKA? NO! YOU DON'T! THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS BLACKER THAN OZZY OSBOURNE'S ASSCRACK! DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A REGULAR ASS MOUSE MAXI-PAD? NO! YOU CANT HANDLE ALL THIS SOFT PLUSHY GOODNESS! YOUR ASS CANT HANDLE ALL THIS SOFTNESS! IT'S SO SOFT< FUCKIN CHARMIN LOOKS LIKE PURE GLASS SHARDS INSIDE A PINEAPPLE! RUN OUT OF MOUSE SPACE IN TEAM FORTRESS 2? NOT ON THIS THING, MUTHAFUCKA! SO FUCKIN LONG, RON JERAMEY BE THINKIN ABOUT OFFERING IT A GOD DAMN JOB! SEE THAT ON THE BOTTOM? THAT IS GOD DAMN, MUNTHAFUCKIN RUBBER ON THE BOTTOM, THAT SHIT WILL STICK TO YOUR DESK LIKE BAD CODE ON AN ASHLEY MADISON WEBSITE! SHIT! YOU THINK IT'S GOING SOMEWHERE? THAT THING AINT GOIN NOWHERE? WHERE IS IT GOIN? NOWHERE! THIS THING IS BUILT LIKE A GOD DAMN M1A1 BATTLE TANK! THINK THAT SHIT WILL FRAY? FUCK YOU, YOU BROKE ASS MUTHAFUCKA!, THIS SHIT IS THE STUFF THAT LASTS FOR GOD DAMN EVER! AND HOLY HOPPIN SHIT CANS OF BEVIS AND BUTTHEADS BREADBOX! YOU GET TWO OF THESE BITCHES!!! BETTER PONY UP, SON, THESE BITCHES ARE GONNA GO FASTER THAN JARED FOGLE TO AN ELEMENTARY PLAYGROUND! AINT NOTHIN GONNA OUTLAST THIS LITTLE MAGIC CARPET OF MOUSE PAD HEAVEN!

1 Like

That LG money sure makes @Logan act strange

Currently using this for 5e - http://www.rptools.net/

Our group has also used it for Earthdawn. It's very versatile.

perfect trifecta with Qain

Couldn't disagree more. I'm lucky if I make it 20 minutes into a Qain-featured show. 18m51s this time. I sincerely hope that his speaking role is minimized in the future. Maybe he can insert hashtags into the show instead of speaking? Maybe have his remarks typed instead of spoken? Maybe a text-to-speech program will force him to be more deliberate? If he does continue in a speaking role maybe limit each of his comments to 10 words or less to encourage him to be more concise? I don't know, but what he's doing right now is ruining The Tek.

I apologize in advance for the crudeness of this drawing.

2 Likes

are you mad cause he didnt like warcraft 3?

"Get in the car and Drive?" Logan you might be thinking of the song from Deftones: Be Quiet And Drive at least that was the first thing I thought of.

You all heading to PAX South?

Great Show Thx!

You can't blame Monsanto for mono-cultures. That is strictly a farmers failure or chosen method if you want to put it as such.

Also Monsanto's has never sued a farmer for using their seeds legally. A case in which a Canadian Farmer was sued by Monsanto's was taken to the supreme court and the farmer was guilty as his evidence didn't stack up. ( The farmer was using Monsanto seed illegally. )

It's one thing to hate a company for being unethical but it's another to do it blindly.

On a side note, being in the business of Genetic Modification isn't bad. It's simply capitalizing on it. Though it's done with the corporate interest of making more money, doesn't make it bad. Just business.

I wouldn't start a company for selling GMO ( Animals or crops alike ) if I wasn't going to be in it to also make some cash.

Bought my ticket, I'm coming all the way from Melbourne, Australia. I can't wait...

1 Like

You can't be serious....