The Tek 0200: Why 6-Hour Work Days Are Better | Tek Syndicate

that's because it never happened.. it was some random thing that thousands of people signed a petition for that tek syndicate needs to have a banana fight

I think we need to revive this and spread word. We might be able to make them do it.

1 Like

We need to call the centicow the cowerpillar.

The Hitachi-Thing:
Why should it be illeagal to look at people not closing the toilet cabinsĀ“ door? When people throw away their privacy, why not use the data they do not want?
I really do not care if data from social media is used to make the world safer for people getting hit by a bus due to them looking at the device to throw away their privacy [DidnĀ“t I just write the same thing?]

Can AMD please just not die? I need them to work! Intel s_ _ _ s for the stuff I do at work like team green does. There need to be at least two companies in any field there is.
Buying shares seems like a good idea, I just need money I do not have right now.
Just imagine AMD and Intel changing places for one year. Products stay the same, AMD still has its 8-cores and Intel still its... [wow, I really donĀ“t know anything about Intel products.]

Something I hate about news on the internet: Someone says something and the next guy writes an articel but ads 10% of awsomenes until we get articles that make consumers expect 200% of a product not designed to do so!

On the light-thingy: I once saw photonic transistors in action. Adding light made a graph on an oscilloscope jump up and down.
Karlsruhe [spelled so it sounds "close enough":] Carls` ru he [that looks awkward, at least there is nothing like Ƥ, ƶ or Ć¼ in the name^^]

for the hitachi issues, my fears are that they will start using hitachi as "probable cause" to get a warrant. unless you are running your own version of hitachi using the exact same data, it's impossible to prove that hitachi actually said "look here" and it could be used as the new "anonymous tip".
"hey officer, your brother in the nsa says this guy is into esoteric stuff, lets get a warrant saying hitachi said hes a terrorist or whatever"

@fredrich_nietze I do not want them to use the service as a warrant but as a "navigation tool" to plan where to take a look. As IBM once said: "Let us make this planet a little smarter."

"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power." -David Brin

if this is used for good and never abused it would be wonderful. but i fear the abuse because people are people.

EDIT: synthetic dna that's not alive replicating without control sounds more like a zombie apocalypse.

Re:EDIT: did the math and you'll need about 700mil to buy 25% of amd shares. @ 12mil per year it'll take 58 years. might want to raise the "buy amd" to 58.3 mil per month, so you can buy controlling interest within the year assuming the value stays steady.

Everything can be abused, as there is water on Mars but no oil, it would take the NSA some time to get there. See you guys later!

1 Like

Hahaha nice

Sorry, tried to delete this one in favor of a cropped one. :/

I just saw the 200th episode of The Tek.... and then I saw this on twitter.

I love you guys. Don't change.

Hmm, when I play this video in Firefox one of the all time memory leaks I've ever experienced occurs (except maybe Dropbox related ones, or ones I've written myself on purpose to test when swap kicks in)

Was actually using a Fire Stick to watch this episode...

Gotta say, kinda sucked at first, but now its more responsive and with Kodi I can stream my local stuff to it no problem. It actally really nice to use. Especially because of its low power usage and small size.

I'm just curious, does Sweden increase the per hour wage to compensate, otherwise the per month wage will decrease.

Also, factories that work 24 hours/day will have higher costs if the per hour wage is increased. And they will require 4 shifts instead of 3.

When @wendell said "I think Netflix is 40% of the Internet", that might be correct, but only for the US Internet, because Netflix in other countries is awful.

I know there are ways to bypass regional restrictions, but most people don't know that.

The Pixel C is interesting, but I would never use it, and it has nothing to do with apps.

The biggest problem that mobile operating systems have, is that the company who made the device controls what updates that device can get. Even old Nexus devices stop updating, the ones that still meet the minimum system requirements for the latest Android.

This is planned obsolescence and it's one of the reasons why smartphones and tablets are outselling PC's.

With desktop operating systems, whether it's Linux or Windows, nobody has any control over which device gets which update, the only criteria are the minimum system requirements (don't know how Chrome OS is like).

When I first found out about Android I was very disappointed that you can't just get the latest Android ISO and install it on any phone or tablet.

I know that there are custom ROM's, but those only work on a handful of devices.

Regarding the Hitachi crime prevention software, what if the bad guys get access to that software and see what areas are predicted, so they can go to other areas.

1 Like

http://cantyouseeimbusy.com/

There you go @Logan you don't even have to minimise it when the boss walks by...

At the $1,337 Patreon level, you will have access to vote for the Tek Syndicate Enforcement of the week. I am applying for Tek Syndicate Enforcer position, and am entirely willing to shoot people in the leg for making terrible decisions...

Am I being serious.... Yes... Or am I? ....

... Yes...

...Or am I?

Yes

Can you jailbreak chromecast? Fire TV can have Kodi installed on it so you can get basically any channel you could possibly think of. Is that possible on Chromecast, I don't own one so I'm genuinely curious.