The Tek 0187: Rainbows Everywhere | Tek Syndicate

Wow. Watching the first half hour of this episode of The Tek....

We're so fucked as a nation.

Love the new shirts. i just got my Taipei shirt on Monday (i think). Wearing it now. One thing i appriciate is not only the big sizes, but the TALL sizes. I wear 4XL-T, and i often pay $40 for a shirt. $22.99 is epic.... pants. rim shot.

I would LOVE to see a Cherry-MX burning earth LED keycap. that would be most epic. Also, You need to slap the Zweihander album covers on a black shirt. And then the track listing on the back. Those would sell.

He is an idiot. Luckily, he just alienated the entire country with his racist remarks, so he will never be voted in to anything. In fact, NBS and NASCAR dropped him. You may enjoy this.

While I do think he is an idiot, I can honestly say I agree, somewhat, with some of what he is saying.

illegal immigration is a problem. You don't fix it by just changing the law to make it legal. You fix the legitimate immigration system (which has been purposefully underfunded and broken) and by stopping people coming across the border and sending them back.

Maybe if we actually enforced our current immigration laws, this woman wouldn't be dead. Along with others.

Not all immigrants are criminals, no one in their right mind would say that. But the point is WE DONT KNOW WHO IS AN WHO ISN'T. Why? Because we aren't checking, we're just letting anyone walk in, and the democrats are salivating over giving them amnesty and automatic citizenship, in the hopes of creating another permanent underclass that will vote for them. The Republicans are helping by being completely moronic about it, and making any opposition to it look "racist"

Again, not against immigration. Just saying "I don't let people in my house without knowing who they are".

That would be funny, if I were an immigrant. Or if that "native" american wasn't the descendant of an immigrant as well

If you're going to call people born in the US an immigrant based upon where their ancestors came from, then you might as well point out that the "native" americans, WERE IMMIGRANTS TOO.

Not to mention the obvious pointlessness of dredging up something that happened over 100 years ago.

Wendell should go to both Defcon and Defqon 8-)

I love that a Brit is criticising the US for wanting to secure our land border.

Here is the police/military on your land border:

There are severe issues on our border with the Mexican Cartels.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/mexico704/

http://fusion.net/story/17321/is-rape-the-price-to-pay-for-migrant-women-chasing-the-american-dream/

It isn't like there Crime Syndicates in Mexico that have GDPs that rival nation states:

It isn't like they are as well armed as some armies:

http://www.fpri.org/articles/2008/05/los-zetas-ruthless-army-spawned-mexican-drug-cartel

Not like half of the federal crimes in the US take place on the border:

Need I go on?

1 Like

A psycho-physical man in the middle attack aka "engineered consent"

1 Like

tw'as a joke...

also our land border is with Ireland which has caused quite a few bombs and murders even just 15 years ago, so yeah. not exactly the border with Canada here. @Zibob would be the person to ask about that, though, as he is Irish.

The GB/France border tunnel is where the migrant issues come from. Not the NI/ROI border.

I wasn't talking about Canadian border. We are as well dealing with armed terrorist groups (ours is narco vs political)

it was sarcasm.

If you are, as an illegal immigrant, put outside of any possibility to legally earn your money (no work permit), you can only make your own living against the law, and you also won't pay taxes on the money that passes your hand. Also, you are already outside the law by the fact you have illegally passed the border. As an illegal immigrant, you are also put outside all of the tax-funded insurance and health care systems and local voting (no social security number). At this point, you have nothing to lose but your geolocation. If some of the illegal immigrants are hardened criminals... Well, this problem is not solved even in those EU countries that are generally known as "humane".

For instance, in EU we have some assholes fighting for ISIS. We also have organized immigrant crime gangs. As @lessershoe points out (thanks for very interesting links), Brits have increased watch on their borders. But this is not the only example - Hungary is about to build a 4 meter long wall to prevent economic migration from Kosovo and war migration from Syria. Hungarian border is also being patrolled by German border police, because that is where the unwanted migrants immediately go to. A few of those migrants are organized crime, but far from most of them. The fact that illegal immigration is a lucrative business guarantees presence of organized crime, trafficking and blackmail.

To me it is important that reception of legal immigrants in EU is of good quality (currently this is not the case - it seems we are going for quantity), and that society avails its citizens (including all legal immigrants) a fair means to change to and from being middle-class. Make the legal immigrants less desperate. That should solve any integration problems with legal immigrants, and protect them from the criminal illegal ones to begin with. Because they will be the first line of defense against the criminals and extremists if you can deserve their loyalty and are willing to protect them from them.

For the US, I would suggest making Mexico into a strong economy with low levels of corruption, even arm-wrestling their officials to do it. Canadize it. Obviously, CIA could also be used. Mexican people would thank you for eliminating the filth and take a shit on their graves. Not that I believe this can or will ever happen. Whatever happened to the war on drugs?

The EU has a problem of middle-eastern migrants that nobody wants. They get stuck in the system and become illegals.

problem is many of them are legal in one country but keep going on their journey. so they might be 'legal' in France but France is shit so they leave to become 'illegals' and the way EU borders work is they are generally quite open so it's difficult to keep track. Granted border control is strong on the Calais/Dover tunnel now but it's still a hot button issue. They get kicked off to just try again.

You also have the migrants from Africa, as many as 1/4 die on the journey, and they go on dangerous boats which often sink leaving Italy and others with the moral question to save them and risk more coming or let it take it's course.

There should be an "Immigration Thread" for this stuff, and someone with better English and skills in formulating should make it.

What theoretically costs more in the long run, and is the second option viable:

1. Trying to integrate immigrants into Western nations while policing the borders, and having to deal with a portion of the immigrants bringing in the same culture that made their countries of origin shit in the first place, but which you can't criticize because that makes you are "racist", and the fact that the countries of origin don't ever get better and you just have an infinite influx of immigrants due to that?

2. Setting up "concentration camps" (because that's what we are the best at huehuehue) run by UN troops and filled with educators near the biggest known immigrant routes in Africa? With which you capitalize on the facts that:

-There are a lot of immigrants. Thousands. Enough to define an army.
-They have 3 things in common:
[They all believe their nations suck ass, ergo they escape.]
[They all believe there is no fixing their countries, because they don't feel the collective might and will. They feel powerless as individuals, but they would feel otherwise if a collective mindset was apparent to them.]
[They have the individual/personal power and motivation to make such long roads, and deal with so much shit to emigrate.]

So you have motivation, willpower, numbers, and a potential morale boost based on utilizing a mindhive and mass mindeset relating to their numbers. Seems like all the components necessary to create a god damn army of workforces and policing forces are there, all under a single collective banner/political party. With the right re-education, the right triggers being pushed by making them face the fact that they aren't powerless individuals but a giant mass of same-minded individuals who weren't aware of how many there are like them, you can send them back to their countries so they can fix them steadily. With fixing those countries there is less immigration while a jump in economic viability benefits everyone around the world whether directly or indirectly.

True. It would fit well under a board themed "All the topics that make you feel like you just want to curl up and die". The thing is, we could all easily identify all the problems, and agree that the only reasonable solution is to fix the problems where they originate with more responsible politics towards the immigrant countries (or rather, all countries, period). Which again boils down to demanding responsibility (writing to, or talking to) from as many politically active individuals as you know so that they push the idea upward in their party.

What's all this now? Yeah We did it! I ain't gon lie.

@lessershoe Nah I live nowhere near the border nor do I support the actions of these people on either side, But by all means question away, I will do what I can to answer, I am not versed but whatever this is the Interenet, all words are fact here right! Right?

1 Like

Thank goodness I haven't visited Facebook for ages. As a result I didn't know about this whole rainbow thing. Those kinds of things just drive me mad. All those weak minded fools falling for simple brainwashing. No wonder the world is so messed up. I bet most of these people never gave a damn about the subject at hand in the first place. And some of the people I know who are very emotional about the whole rights for same sex couples topic never did this because, well... I don't get along with stupid people.
Wait, so Apple is accusing companies for profiting on our personal data while they profit on people with such terrible work conditions for the pay they recieve that it drives them to suicide? Isn't that like accusing one for eating babies while you prefer eating little children instead? Not sure I see a difference...
With everything I've seen on The Tek recently, the UK is certainly off my list of countries I'd like to live in. Might as well live my whole life right here in Estonia, it's just as bad or even worse everywhere else.
And I don't mean to hint to anything, I'm certain this is a coincidence, but on a small screen (was watching on my phone), the new T-shirt looks like it says "Dell" on it... Once I looked at it on my 24" monitor it didn't anymore.

Finally! Nice to see Logan using a Roccat mouse!

Is it an East coast thing to pronounce Mario as "Meh-ree-oh?" I know I've heard it as "Mah-ree-oh" in the games, but I've only played the American versions. Now I wonder if other versions have different pronunciation.

Marionette is pronounced "Meh-ree-uh-net," and it's a French word. Do the French pronounce Mario as "Meh-ree-oh?" Is Wendell French?!