The Tea Thread 🍵

Adagio sent me a Mother’s Day sampler with my order. Low caffeine tisane.

rose hips, hibiscus, apple pieces, rose petals, blue cornflowers, lemon grass, natural creme flavor, licorice root, blueberries, strawberries, raspberry leaves, natural strawberry flavor, natural blueberry flavor, raspberries, ginger root, natural blackberry flavor, peppermint leaves, safflower, blue cornflowers

It smells of cotton candy before it’s steeped and produces a liquor that looks like the juice that stains your hands after picking raspberries. Needs a full ten minutes to steep.

The flavor isn’t the most complex given everything in it. Muted dry berry flavor for the base with slightly floral and tangy lemongrass as topnotes.

The aroma of the steeped tea reminds me (pleasantly) of the flavored ciarillos I used to smoke in college.

Weird nostalgia, not very good beverage.

When you accidentally oversteep your tea, but you need the caffeine anyways:

2 Likes

I need to get back on the tea bandwagon. Lately I have been downing a ton of coffee.

1 Like

I got distracted and left some black tea brewing for 15 minutes. Trust me, its not always perfect.

I just joined the tanks ranks of tea drinkers recently, but this seems like good stuff. :+1:

Auto-correct strikes again.

2 Likes

Oh, child.

don’t mistake my neglect for ignorance.

I’m on mostly Earl Grey and Red Bush w/vanilla at the moment. The latter for late at night when I don’t want the caffeine. If we’re out of milk then I’ll go with one of the fruity/green teas.

And I always leave the bag in. Always. A tasty treat for after you’ve drunk it all.

1 Like

plus they’re excellent on your (closed!) eyelids for a while… a good puffy remover!

3 Likes

Ordered their ultimate sampler, looking forward to trying out their wares :+1:
:tea:

1 Like

I am going to have black tea today. I pulled an all nighter trying to figure gpu passthrough and was eventually successful, now i need my go juice.

3 Likes

I just saw there was a tea thread. Does a matcha bubble tea I had five days ago counts? It tasted like haagen daz matcha ice cream. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Tea is tea. We don’t judge. This looks hella refreshing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Got a new pack of leaves it’s a gold color compared to the previous pack

3 Likes

Guys, I have a problem. I’ve become addicted to boba this summer I don’t know why. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Fresh Twilight Zone rose petal tea from garden. Nice subtle rose flavor plus it is fun to eat the soft petals afterwards.

3 Likes

Drinking tea need a good tea set

2 Likes

That looks lovely.

1 Like

Some sort of flu hit me like a truck last night which pointed out the fact that out of all the teas I have, I didn’t have peppermint and ginger ones. Well, this has been rectified and I’ve bought myself these four:
For the non German speaking peeps from left to right they go Ginger - Lemon, Peppermint, Chamomile, and Throat cleaner, which is some sort of herbal mix made for a relaxing evening before bed. I’ll definitely be trying the last one tonight, since I’ve been coughing quite a bit recently.

3 Likes

I found this stuff at Costco for $10. Never seen tea in jelly form before. But it’s really tasty. You mix in warm or cold water and it just dissolves. It’s like drinking dessert.

4 Likes

Oh, that looks neat! I’ll try and find something similar here.

1 Like