The small windows problem thread

This thread is dedicated for problems that don’t necessarily deserve their own thread. Post your small problems in here if you don’t want to clutter the forum with more trivial stuff.

I will start. My Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit does not want to update anymore. This install was working fine and dandy for the past 6 years. Suddenly few days ago it decided to stop updating. When i press the button
Check for Updates I get a message saying "Windows cannot check for updates because the service is not running which is a lie as you can see here.

While I was writing this post. I found the solution to this problem over here. I used method 2 and now windows is looking for updates again but not certain whether it will find anything.
https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/

EDIT: SUCCESS

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Small windows problems thread

That is from May 2017. I don’t care either way but that will get locked by mods.

To be fair I didn’t know it existed but yes it has been a while since anyone posted in it. I can merge the two cause technically this is something that would always be relevant. I’ll lock this thread and merge the post with the other one which will be sicked. Give me a moment.

Merged posts into already established topic