The small linux problem thread

It can't use the official installer. Theres a specific installer for linux and PoL.

Worked for me when I did it.

Why isn't there an option to disable mouse acceleration by default and I have to mess with X11/Xorg files to do it? Same goes for monitor overclocking? Linux Mint.

There was also the issue of my HDD unmounting everytime I restart but I figured that out.

Can Tmux (or something similar) work with a system without a GUI or DE installed? Just a basic CLI.

I have Fedora 25 Server installed and feel like I could make more use of screen real estate.

While the installation of MX16 has been awesome, it won't carry audio over a HDMI connection from my laptop to the TV. At least, I haven't found anything in the settings that will solve that.

yes, tmux will work just fine in a CLI.

I reset my PC but I can't access my old /home.

An error occurred while accessing '1.1 TiB Removable Media', the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/sdb3 at /run/media/adomas/eff26409-eaa4-4f5a-bbb6-bc80a8484c1a: Command-line `mount -t "xfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/sdb3" "/run/media/adomas/eff26409-eaa4-4f5a-bbb6-bc80a8484c1a"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: /dev/sdb3: can't read superblock

I get that error. Really the only thing I want off of that is a back up from my windows drive but keeping my builds and steam would be handy. Anyone have any suggestions.

I think I found something?

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1898721

Edit:

$ sudo xfs_repair -v /dev/sdb3
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
xfs_repair: error - read only 0 of 4096 bytes

Bump

Been working on patching the update system in Netrunner so I don't have to put up with BS anymore and have the system I want.

New problem before even getting to the HDD, cannot finish updates.....

(945/945) checking package integrity                                                                   [############################################################] 100%
(945/945) loading package files                                                                        [############################################################] 100%
(945/945) checking for file conflicts                                                                  [############################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/geoclue.devhelp2 exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/home.png exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/index.html exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/left.png exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/right.png exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/style.css exists in filesystem
geoclue2: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/up.png exists in filesystem
lib32-curl: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Using pacman and Arch (netrunner/Manjaro).

Edit: It seems if I just delete these things then it can proceed.

I still need help with recovering the XFS partition.

I'm using Fedora25 and have been trying for a few hours to set up the H264 codec for chromium, firefox is already working fine but chromium just doesn't work. Any idea on how to proceed? Sadly i don't even have any meaningful info to provide, it's a fresh fedora25 install, i tried ffmpeg but it only worked for firefox, in chromium it still doesn't work.

as far as I know chromium has h.264 disabled, you will have to compile from source if you want it not disabled. it's annoying, but the only simple solution is to use another browser for h.264

1 Like

Yep. Just to confirm you gotta compile that in.

Have fun!

2 Likes

I now have an interesting issue. Playing cities skylines my temps, no matter what sort of curve on the fans, go straight up unless I forcibly underclock my GPU. This is an interesting issue and I will have to come back to it later....

I installed Suse LEAP 42.1 in VM. The host OS is Windows 7.

I have VPN running in Windows but the Suse can't establish connection to internet if the VM is using Tap windows adapter V9. When i change it to Bridged Adapter Realtek it connects fine but it doesn't go through the VPN tunnel.

Is there a way to redirect both the stdin and the stdout into a txt file?
And how to take a stdin and its stdout and add it to the end of an existing .txt?

CentOS

Have a look at the program 'script' - might be what you want

So basically a script of which the actual script is a textfile? That then writes itself into a textfile? Wow, script inception.
Not really, just a script using text string variables. I don't think you really need a separate program for that, sound more like there might be an acute need of a 5 minute break or a cup of coffee, when I compare it to my own similar experiences.

Script wasn't giving me what I wanted.

The only straightforward solution I found is to echo the command I want to run into said file && run the actual command appending the file made previously.

What are you wanting that script doesnt do?