The small linux problem thread

Oh sorry, pacman, manjaro technically (netrunner rolling). Normal manjaro didn't have the right driver for my mouse, netrunner is always my fallback. Everything works great except updates....

pacman -R qtchooser

run this first

pacman -R qt4-gstreamer

then this command.

pacman -R xf86-input-aiptek

and finally this command

I get that stuff needs to be removed but is there a reason this all gets locked up?

done a sudo pacman -Syy ?

-Syyu but yes

As far as I can see, xf86-input-aiptek is the Aiptek USB Digital Tablet Input Driver for Linux, and this guy ben81 says it is obsolete now (answering to literally the same conflict you have), but I wonder, does xorg-server have build in drivers for USB devices? I only have a vague idea of what different packages do, but maybe you more linux-enlightened people knows.

the problem was the aiptekdriver. That rando @-@

So, I have some experience with writing code (using R, in case you were wondering), but I am unsatisfied with it for a few reasons, so i figured teaching myself C++ would be a good place to start with. the problem I'm having is that, libraries and interfacing with display apis, were covered by the language and ide i was using respectively, so I don't really know how to do either of those things.

I figured the bit about libraries would be fairly simple, all you have to do is:

#include whatever library

and you're set to go, right?
Apparently not.

I'm trying to use xcb on my fresh install of fedora 25, but the pre-processor can't seem to find it.

I'm probably missing something super obvious, but I really can't figure this out. Thank you in advance.

maybe the library is missing on your computer ? I am not a programmer but after a quick google search that was the most common answer. If it is not present you will have to download it.
Its gonna be probably -
yum install whatever library

xcb should be used by a lot of things, and I did try to install it, so i do know that it's there.

Just jumping in with a guess,
Try "whereis libX11-xcb.so.1" in a terminal.
Should return something like "/usr/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1" or "/usr/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0"

Then see if you can work out where your ide is trying to find the file. might be looking in the wrong place?

Does anyone know how/what I would need to get the dedicated scroll button on Lenovo Thinkpads to work on Arch?
I tried using gpointing-device-settings, but I am not sure about setting up the dedicated scroll button.
Am i missing some drivers?

I did that, it returned /usr/lib/libX11... and /usr/lib64/libX11...
So, how do i tell the pre-processor to look there when i want to include that library?

New issue.

:: Replace telepathy-qt5 with extra/telepathy-qt? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: qt5-base and qtchooser are in conflict. Remove qtchooser? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: qt5-base and qtchooser are in conflict
[ph4nt0m@dark0rbit ~]$ sudo pacmas -R qtchooser
sudo: pacmas: command not found
[ph4nt0m@dark0rbit ~]$ sudo pacman -R qtchooser 
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: qt5-base: removing qtchooser breaks dependency 'qtchooser'

If I delete that random driver I get dumped out here and I can't do anything there isn't even a force option.

:: Replace telepathy-qt5 with extra/telepathy-qt? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: qt5-base and qtchooser are in conflict. Remove qtchooser? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: qt5-base and qtchooser are in conflict
[ph4nt0m@dark0rbit ~]$ sudo pacmas -R qtchooser
sudo: pacmas: command not found
[ph4nt0m@dark0rbit ~]$ sudo pacman -R qtchooser 
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: qt5-base: removing qtchooser breaks dependency 'qtchooser'

Here's stuff I found, try some of these.

not sure if this can help, but looks like some one has a similar problem with trying to remove qtchooser
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=217836
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=217852

this link looks like someone found a way to fix the issue

sudo pacman -S qt5-base
yaourt -Syua

but the way the fixed it was to use yaourt

Ok it looks like the yaourt fix has done it. I might actually use yaourt instead as it is buildng around the broken holes and patching them as they go.

downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 2048R/22C903DE964E6FE321656E318DB9F8C18DF53602, "Stefano Capitani <[email protected]>", created: 2016-02-28? [Y/n] y
error: key "Stefano Capitani <[email protected]>" could not be imported
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

New isue. I have never had this issue before so I don't really know what to do.

bump

Might try something like this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=198132

Keyring may be outdated or corrupted.

I don't Arch, so I am not all that familiar with the OS.

I tried installing TeamSpeak 3 in Ubuntu lately, and I've been having a little problem lately. I downloaded the 64bit archived package and then did this
sudo chmod u+x ./ts3package.run
./ts3package.run

It got me to the terms of service thing, which I agreed to and it unpackaged the files. Then 3 sources from the Ubuntu forums told me to open the ts3installer, but whenever I click on it, it does practically nothing. I also tried dragging the file into bash, but it told me that it couldn't find the file or directory.
Google told me nothing (hopefully, so I don't sound like an idiot).
I am running Ubuntu 64bit on an LVM Disk, if that matters.
Did I do something wrong or is something wrong with my system? This carried over from 2 Ubuntu installations.