The small linux problem thread

Sorry to ask, but how do I do this exactly? I tried setting autospawn = yes/no line in the pulse client config, and I do not believe it changed anything (I did reboot). Should I just uninstall pulse?

Well did you try the alsa output device in VLC? It might not even be a pulseaudio problem.

Anyways go .config/pulse in your home dir and make a file called daemon.conf and add the line avoid-resampling = yes to it. You can also try another resample-method.

Understood. I use Arch as my secondary/gaming system. It is not recommended for new-to-unix types, but it is not that bad. You just have to respect some rules and you will be fine. I always recommend Debian otherwise. I run Debian SID as my main.

I am going to say something else is going on and menulibre seems to just be a casualty.

1 Like

New day, new problem, lol
(and before i even continue, apologies for a third post within two days…)

Am trying to build a package, got the ‘already exists’ warning+abort. So i re-tried using “makepkg -esic”, after which i get a new error! Awesome!

[max@Max libgksu-colormap-fix]$ makepkg -esic
==> Making package: libgksu-colormap-fix 2.0.12-6 (Sat 12 Oct 2019 12:32:28 AM EEST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> WARNING: Using existing $srcdir/ tree
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Starting build()...
patching file libgksu/libgksu.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgksu/libgksu.c.rej
patching file libgksu/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 30.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libgksu/Makefile.am.rej
patching file libgksu/Makefile.in
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgksu/Makefile.in.rej
patching file libgksuui/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 12.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libgksuui/Makefile.am.rej
patching file libgksuui/Makefile.in
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgksuui/Makefile.in.rej
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Why aren’t the spoilers working? No typing errors…

you never added one?

what works better is three backticks beginning and end.

1 Like

Check this thread out for forum syntax and examples: New and Existing Forum Features 2017

1 Like

I did read it… and after the third time, i gave up :slight_smile:
(three backticks also did nothing, but… hey, it’s me. Sorry!)
Oh, code works! nice.

Look at the lines where it says hunk failure.

2 Likes

I’d think i’m looking at it, but if i’m supposed to come up with something, it’s not working. I will forego looking and escalate to staring though.

1 Like

Can you post lines 12 and 30 here?

2 Likes

I know what you’re asking, it’s what i’d have looked for had i known where/how to go about it :slight_smile:
I didn’t have a stroke, am just new to this. I only found one google result that seemed to pose a solution, but i lack the knowledge to understand it, lol

You’re using ` right?

On a US keyboard it’s on the same key as ~ but I’m not sure about other layouts.

2 Likes

I’d ask “where”, so the answer is presumably no?

Hmm. Your keyboard may not have it. :confused:

I’ve edited your post to include the backticks.

You were using single quotes, which look awfully similar in a lot of fonts.

1 Like

My bad perhaps, i meant use ` where? I don’t understand the question.

• this is like the joke with the blowjobs, isn’t it, lol

Yes, that’s exactly it.

Oh, in the post formatting. :confused: Sorry! I’m debugging a different issue lol

I wouldnt know lol

1 Like

Has anyone here experienced a concern with the fan speed on Fedora as opposed to Ubuntu or Arch? I just reinstalled Fedora 31 to my laptop with Intel/Nvidia graphics. I’ve noticed that when using the open-source drivers, the fans seem to get ‘stuck’ at a high idle as opposed to Ubuntu which are silent.

I woke up this morning to my laptop singing in the corner… This has happened for as long as I’ve had the laptop and tried to use Fedora; it has always drove me back to Ubuntu for fear of wearing out the fans prematurely.

pulseaudio --dump-conf

Hey,I don’t have an answer for you, but a genuine question, do you mostly leave your laptop plugged in to power?
If so, did you remove the battery?
Just wondering how laptop batteries cope with the constant charge/discharge nowadays

Hey! I’ve got a System76 Oryx Pro (Oryp3) and have had it for about three years now. I leave it plugged up most of the time, but I have enabled a setting in the BIOS called Flexicharger. Using this feature, the battery begins charging at 40% (lowest) and stops charging at 60%. I’ve noticed very, very little degradation of the battery.

2 Likes