The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

Oh, since I have you here, the X470 ITX from ASRock looks to have the same VRM stuff like the older model and even the B350 that I already have. Do you know if that is correct or is that maybe a photoshopped placeholder image?

I am currently thinking about just ordering another one of those cheap B350 ones for my ITX R7 2700 build.

No information on that one yet.
But i guess that the info will popup soon.
I do have seen a video on which they appeared it being the said X470 itx.
And that board looks indeed pretty similar to the previous X370 / B350 itx models.
But of course it could be that they used different powerstages and or configuration this time arround.
The 2700X uses a bit more power, so we will see what they have done.
As soon as i know the details, i will let you know.

1 Like

Cray has just become a system integrator / platform builder nowadays.
Similar to Dell / HP / Lenovo except focusing on the HPC sector.

1 Like

Could be just playing it safe

Since you have same sticks I assume, did you write somewhere those old settings? Could reason from old vs new that whats going on

Bonus note:
I’m never thinking these things while at it, mobos could have some sort of auto log to usb stick when hitting save & restart
I have even now some random envelope as notepaper, which happens to have cpu stuff, ram timings, my shirt measurements, feet size, commands, random numbers, drawing idea, just idea

Problem is not that it won’t boot, the problem is that mprime -t is throwing errors when I set the memory to 3200 via XMP profile and it did not do that before when I was running the same memory on 1st gen Ryzen.

I will try to run the CPU on another Prime X370 Pro that still has the older UEFI.
I also have a 1600X to test 1st gen again.

I dont know what “mprime -t” errors are

BUT! I think that eyeballing settings side by side would be the easiest way to try things
and then there is always that brute way to just do manually everything one by one, which also ends up giving best results possible

No, I don’t have a desktop yet. Mr Tech Deals said in a video that he expects the cheaper B450 motherboards towards the end of the summer.

I might go with an R5 2400G depending on whether the graphics card market has cooled off.

I plan on replacing my dead desktop around Christmas, hopeuly Ram prices and GPU’s will have huge sale prices

1 Like

Nice to see vendors upping their motherboard game on AM4:

Yeah Gigabyte and Msi have done some upgrades to their vrm design,
on their top tier boards.
I dont have all the details of all boards yet, besides the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7.

I´m personally very currious if Msi this time arround has used better mosfets on their X470 boards,
instead of just adding some phases.
Because their X370 lineup was kinda terrible.

Other boards like the Asus Crosshair boards, or Asrock Taichi and professional dont really need any upgrades.
But there will be 2 versions of the Taichi board, my guess that one board comes with a 10Gb ethernet.

10Gb Ethernet, Ultra USB power (probably power off charging but I don’t really know, too lazy to look it up), and a few more board features it seems (TPM header, power, reset and clear CMOS buttons):

https://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?Models=X470%20Taichi%20Ultimate,X470%20Taichi

Yeah kinda interesting.
But of they ask an additional $100,- for the board,
then its probablly not really worth it.

I have ordered that onefor 275 euro. The Asus 10Gbe stand alone card is 100,- bucks and it is the same chip. Subtract that and you get everything else for 175,- Euro here in Germany. That is around 20,- to 30,- bucks more than entry level X370 were a year ago. I think it is crazy value to be honest.

I have not looked into pricings yet.
But €275,- would be a great price for the Taichi Ultimate.
I was kinda expecting it being a 300+ board.

Not even on sale or anything. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m very suprised thats really awesome.

The most insane thing is the price difference to the normal Taichi.
It’s less than 45,- bucks, at least where I bought it.
232,- vs 275,-. It’s a no-brainer.

Seriously, anyone looking at a 200+ Euro board should put this thing on the list.
This might be the beginning of 10Gbe becoming a standard mainboard feature.

@wendell, get one of those for a video. Would love to hear your thoughts.

This video is interesting, did AMD maybe bin the new chips for memory speed?
Or are Asus boards just terrible right now?

Nice board indeed noenken,

10Gbps ethernet would also be an incentive for me to change for this price, but in belgium the X470 boards are still in pre-order (no delivery date), and … my CMU32GX4M2C3000C15 is not on the compatibility list (yet ?) either.
So am i waiting…