The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

4K pin cpu's ... wow that got to be one massive chip

This is the full EPYC, but you get the idea

That socket sure is something. Also about time AMD moved to LGA. now i can remove a cooler and not the CPU.

1 Like

So much news out of Computex, but nothing on the one thing I have been waiting for: a micro ATX AM4 board with wifi. Is that too much to ask for? Keeping my fingers crossed for the AMD event.

Why onboard wifi?

Maybe because I am just used to it. I could obviously work around it, but that's more $$. Every other socket/chipset mobo seems to have plenty of choices that include wifi. I was just surprised that there were only three options (all Asrock) that I could find, and they are all full ATX. Maybe I should have got a bigger case. :slight_smile:

AC wifi is not that new anymore, new standards will come around. Don't base your decision on this one feature. Just get the best platform and add what you need.

R Wars

3 Likes

Anyone see any new AM4 Boards show at computex?

There was a new MSI AM4 that pretty much integrates the features the new X99-2 motherboard have as a Ryzen alternative. Not sure in which video i have seen those though.

When is Return of the Overclock coming out?

I saw the first two on reddit/PCMR and had to finish up the boxed set.

2 Likes

Epyc update time!

NDA ends June 20th

The EPYC 7000 series processors feature 128 PCIe lanes and 8-channel DDR4 support (up to 2666 MHz). Some parts are listed with two TDP values (right now Iā€™m not sure why). EPYC CPUs are available with up 32 cores. The cheapest part should be available more than 400 USD and the most powerful EPYC 7601 processor will be sold for around 4000 USD. The highest clock speed is 3.2 GHz in turbo mode.

edit: couldn't figure out to hide images so here's a link to the (dutch) website with slideshow:

1 Like

Anyone hear about R3 release date

Nope, but it is

1 Like

Good old AMD Soon

1 Like

It works best with an extra dose of "Where's VEGA?!"

I mean what is so hard to put a date on it and not just it will be here in this qtr, o what gotta push it back a few more.

1 Like

AM4 ITX ASRock boards spotted at NCIXUS, but out of stock atm.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=141621&vpn=X370%20Gaming-ITX%2Fac&manufacture=ASRock

For some ungodly reason, the price is inflated.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=141622&vpn=AB350%20Gaming-ITX/ac&manufacture=ASRock

HYPEINTENSIFIES

Now just to wait for a reasonably priced one. I believe they were supposed to be $170 for the X370 and less for the AB350, but I assume these are placeholder prices. AKA scalping people who can't wait to pre-order effectively.