The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

1 Like

These gaming benches are weird. Anands are way ahead. Tom’s seem neck and neck. Few others show Ryzen a bit behind as expected.

1 Like

Great :frowning:

I am just here to put more coal in the engine for the #hype train

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600

Now listen to that, maybe I should cancel my Taichi Ultimate order.

2 Likes
6 Likes

:raised_hand:t2:
Bitwit wins round 1

Round 2:
Same but with ram sticks
Fight

Bonus notes:
Should probably stick with same board brand and expecting that to be 1.0 vs. 2.0

Finally got my CPUs today. Asus Prime X370 Pro running BIOS/UEFI/…uh, thing 3805 boots just fine. Gonna update that now but based on that I would say compatibility should not be an issue for anyone that did an update in the last couple weeks.

OK, first findings: It seems like AMD is actually binning these CPUs this time around. I can not get my 2700 stable at measly 4GHz all core OC with less than 1.4V. That is vastly different than anything I have heard from the reviews of the X variant. I also confirmed that this is not a thermal limitation by cranking my cooler to 100% manually.

I don’t know if X370 is the problem here but I doubt it.

Something is off… have to do more with the system. Later…

2 Likes

It is beautiful. I wish I could justify buying it.

Wraith Prism RGB Cooler - Ryzen 7 2700X

OK so I have a question about the B450M. When? How much?

Its that ring, I did try relocating just the fan stuff from my 1700’s cooler, but that did not work out

I’ve seen tons of comments from people upgrading to the 2700X who already have liquid coolers, so if you just want the Prism, start checking r/hardwareswap and eBay.

2 Likes

But is it an effective heatsink?

1 Like

Can anyone tell me does the Ryzen 7 2700 included cooler all ready have thermal paste on the bottom of the cooler, or do I have to purchase my own thermal paste?

Yes.

5char

1 Like

It is good to go out of the box.

1 Like

Not sure if they’r stil part of the big boys, but nice to see.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the time when people can dumpster dive and ebay Epycs like they can Xeon processors. They’re gonna have stupid a core performance the pcs one can build lol.

4 Likes

Welp, someone on Reddit attempted it at least (haven’t read through yet, just got off work):

2 Likes

Yes, I can.
Yes, it does.

So, I have to lower memory speed from 3200 to 2933 on my Asus Prime X370 Pro now. On a 2700 @ stock clocks, on the newest UEFI and using Samsung B-Die. And it was running fine on 3200MHz on the older UEFI and an overclocked 1st gen Ryzen . I don’t know what Asus did there but they did it badly.

2 Likes

Hope to have some more detailed information on the new X470 boards soon.

Some boards have updated vrm implementations like the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7,
which is now a 5+2 phase configuration doubled to 10+2.
Powerstages used for Vcore are the IR3553 again which are rated for 40A.
And for the SOC vrm they used 2x IR3556 powerstages which are 50A each.
They also improved the vrm heatsinks which is also very nice to see.

3 Likes