The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

I thought for sure ryzen would be 14nm until ryzen 3 and ryzen 2 having higher clocks like 4.5ghz.
There talking 7nm for ryzen 2. And the fab is alreading taping out 7nm on other cpu’s plus there talking 7nm for Navi.
Imagine an APU the size of threadripper at 7nm!

Love this quote:
“We’re not a one hit wonder”

2 Likes

If Zen 2 is backwards-compatible with the current AM4 implementation, lots of people are going to be very happy.

Me included.

1 Like

EUV hvm is getting closer every day. Samsung also recently confirmed initial 7nm production is still on track for a 2018 release.

EUV litho has come a long way with current machines reaching high enough wafers per hour to start considering mass production and acceptable down times.

Good times are coming!

Edit: samsung press release:

1 Like

No idea what happened to 7nm

This is supposedly related to zen+, whereas zen2 was roadmapped to be 7nm.

Yea I started to read the article and “oh” :slight_smile:

Nice, 3466mhz ram doing the business.

1 Like

Finally! I was beginning to think that article I read about the laptop vendors wanting to put Zen in their new models was rumor.

WCCF is slacking they only posted it 30 min ago.
I know they didn’t spend 7 hours confirming the story :slight_smile:
Cut copy and paste journalism

Single-channel memory? Please tell me that’s a typo on somebody’s part…keeping both a CPU and a GPU fed with just system memory is already hard enough.

Afraid not. Though it does appear to have room for a 2nd stick by way of a cost increase / upgrade. What surprises me more is the 2400MT max – why not 2667?

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Raven-Ridge-Performance-Leaks-APU-GeForce-MX150-Performance

Man i am really impressed with what AMD came out with here.
Just for the hell of it i figured id “stress” the die abit, litterally running 19 .rar compress jobs at once(just your run of the mill steam library compressions) while listening to some youtube music at 4k.
And not a glitch, I mean my mechanical harddrive i moaning cause it has to do a billion small writes at once, but the 1600X is just chugging away albeit at 100% capped.

1 Like

I’ve been very impressed with mine. I’ve pushed the CPU load to 100% along with RAM at 100% and it always leaves my system useable, at least in a responsive way. Did the same thing with the (albeit seven-year-old) Xeon at work and it stalled the system completely.

Prob revealing Raven Ridge tomorrow

1 Like

Oh damn I was just thinking loading that latest Taichi bios and doing more things, and read earlier about agesa 1007 coming for that Raven Ridge

Then its like 2 weeks away and it would be stupid to see effort for week straight just so that I get to recheck everything with that newer BIOS version :upside_down_face:

Ryzen mobile APUs launching today. Honestly it seems impressive and some interesting core changes. Very much Ryzen 1.5

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11964/ryzen-mobile-is-launched-amd-apus-for-laptops-with-vega-and-updated-zen

5 Likes

Good, now Intel has to compete on all fronts, as does Nvidia. Competition can only mean good things to come.

1 Like

It’s just as well he listens to somebody , he won’t listen to me.

Worth a look !

3 Likes