The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

you can also clock 2x16GB to 3300Mhz as as well

I've been away for a while. How does it compare to the 5820k?

It is better than the 5820K if you are using the right memory

The Benefits of adjustable REFCLK motherboards Asus CH6, Asrock Taich and Gaming professional, Gigabyte K7.

The higher thye ram frequency, the better the bandwidth is in connections to the Memory controller, Clocking ram above 3200 while selecting a lower divider and higher refclk tightens the secondary timings and improves the Ryzen "poor gaming performance" up to levels similar to broadwell-e. Of course things are getting better all the time but getting there is still dependent on the type of ram (Samsung B-Die chips are the recommended type) and a bit of luck

DRAM frequencies achieved to date on ambient cooling, fully stable

1xSingle Rank Dimm per channel - Rated speed DDR4-3300 to 3466 - best case running at DDR4-3600
1xDual Rank per channel - Rated speed DDR4-3200 (120×2666) - best case running at DDR4-3300
2xSingle Rank per channel - Rated speed DDR4-3000 (112.5×2666) - best case running at DDR4-3200
2xDual Rank per channel - Rated speed DDR4-3000 (112.5×2666) - Best Case running at DDR4-3200

That recommendation is completely valid as long as money isn't a concern. If it is ... the Taichi is around 100,- bucks more here in Germany, the premium on RYZEN compatible high speed memory is just stupid now and real world benefits are a few FPS in some games if you are crazy enough to run a GTX1080 or better for 1080p gaming.

Price to performance it makes no sense.

If the PC being purchased at the budget end and the rig is primarily for budget gaming, you can get the same or better gaming performance with an i7-2600K. If the rig is purely/primarily for productivity work, then PCIe bandwidth for a 3D load is not overly important and a b350 MB with 2400 or 2666 ram is fine.

The thing is, a PC is an investment for a number of years, GPUs end up being replaced more often than CPUs. Next gen GPUs mid range will be close to today's 1080 and you still have the PCIe bandwidth issues to deal with.

Well, seems like we have different opinions about what is the better investment.

If you can get a good B350 board for a lot less than the Prime X370 Pro that would probably be fine too, yes. But you might miss out on some connectivity.

ASUS ZenStates: beta software for P-state overclocking from OS
r4m0n made a "port" for it for Linux.

I'm unsold on the temps from these 4+2 power phase B350s. Sure they OC now but for how long?

:expressionless: Still no ITX, aside from the announcement of Biostar boards?

Anyone read anything about ITX from some of the other manufacturers?

The only other company i heard that was working on one was gigabyte. But it is in the works .

1 Like

True, power delivery on the cheap might be another issue. That is one of the reasons why I went with X370. Those boards are all solid, some are totally overbuilt because yolo but all X370 boards from reputable brands are completely fine for daily use running an overclocked CPU. The Asus then became my choice because I needed the third big PCIe slot and it is one of the cheapest X370 boards around. To me the gap between base X370 and premium X370 was just to big for what you effectively get out of it.

1 Like

I think Asrock have some coming next month also. I might get the Biostar 350B board if it makes an appearance, see if asrock can deliver.

1 Like

I've definitely read about an asrock itx board lately. No doubt it'll be great.

1 Like

Do you wear a wrist watch?

Notice, it's a ZEN watch band.

Interesting to see how games multithreaded can perform. In time I guess we will see if developers actually make use of threads more.

I recommend to buy this product. It is very good.
This message has not been sponsored.

1 Like

Any talk of the APU line for AM4 yet?

This has been the biggest disappointment for me so far. I was hoping for some premium offerings like the ITX Impact board I have running my i5-4670K.

I don't want to feel like I'm downgrading in the mobo department to move over to Ryzen. :frowning:

1 Like

There is only so much you can do with ITX. I suspect the X370 biostar itx board will be mostly a bragging rights board yet is feature identical to b350