The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

It's basically a built-in POST card, so you can read error codes. They're really handy for troubleshooting.

Until you get an undefined error code and your new 1700x is just a waste of space until you figure shit out.

Not that I'm going through that currently at all though...

1 Like

Which code are you getting? I might be able to look it up for you.

On an ASRock X370 board if you're seeing 24 all the time while it's running the OS, that means it's working fine and the memory was initialized.

Other boards should actually also show that. It basically means POST success. Usually the BIOS should then turn off the hex debug code display. Some boards though with older BIOS don't turn it off.

Most common issues for Ryzen are 3F, 4F, 9F all to do with memory/XMP.

What BIOS version are you on?

Other than that any codes between 01 - 54 are RAM profile related.
55 is ram detect step.

61 - 91 is all Chipset stuff.
92 - 99 is PCI-e related
A0 - A7 -> SATA/m.2
b0 -> Unknown RAM related
b4 -> USB devices
b7 -> Memory
d6 -> VGA init
d7 -> KB/Mouse
00/FF -> You have none or dead CPU installed.

2 Likes

F3 BIOS on a Aorus gaming K7

I get into windows for maybe 30 seconds and then I lose video with a known good rx480. Memory is straight from the supported list too.

Reference RX480?

No, but I have one to swap it out with.

Just thought it could be voltage draw from PCIe. But custom cards typically don't have that problem.

So, after all the Ryzen 7/5 hype, I'm in the market for a new CPU (well, a new entire computer for that matter). Been looking to buy something from the Ryzen 5 line, I can't decide which option is best bang for my buck, 1600 or 1600X? I plan on using this computer for a reasonable time, so life span/future proofing (hate that word so much) is really important.

I'd go 1600, should overclock fine.

That's what I thought, plus it comes with a cooler and for the time being I'd stick to it.

I went with a 1700 got it running at 3.8 on a b350 board. The x versions definitely aren't worth it for most people imo

1 Like

What graphics card are you running?

Msi gtx 1080 gaming x

Possible proof of more Nvidia drivers fuckery? Seems like Nvidia's cards need an update to properly recognize Ryzen topology, either that, or their GPU scheduler is limited to high clocks & 4c/8T only.

Oddly enough, Nvidia's BF1 drivers seems to be well threaded, I assume it since Ryzen SLI manage to pull ahead, either that or improper SLI driver support of the game itself.

Video

PS. Why is there two Ryzen threads?

Pre-launch leaks, rumours and what-not went in this thread. Press releases and reviews go in the "no BS" thread, incl. peoples experiences with OC-ing and which memory works with which motherboard, etc.

1 Like

Has there been any release dates for x370 or b350 itx boards? Saw the biostar ones were announced buy can't see any concrete details.

Bought a 32GB RAM kit, G.Skill 3200MHz fully aware that it would not run at that speed on my system. But hey, it was cheap and it might work fine in a few weeks or months or with the next revision of RYZEN. Not so long ago this kit would not run at the speeds it does now... Anyway, doubled my capacity without giving up the speed I already had, so I'm happy.

Current spec list:

Summary

Asus Prime X370 Pro
RYZEN 7 1700 @3.8GHz under a Noctua NH-U14S
32GB (4x8) G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 @2666
Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
Intel X540 T2 10GBit dual NIC
HyperX Predator 240GB M.2 on PCIe card (scratch)
Intel 600P 120GB M.2 NVMe SSD (main OS)
Intel series 730 240GB SATA SSD (secondary OS .. probably)
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SATA SSD (games)
Western Digital RED 4TB SATA HDD (storage)

1 Like

I'm considering doing exactly that as well. I think I would prefer 32G. I am leaning to 2 x 16G however. Im just torn on the MB it's the Asus Prime X370 Pro or the X370 Taichi. I like the fact the Asrock board because it has 10 Sata ports and I run a BTRFS pool on my desktop. I need to overcome my data hoarding urges.