The right speakers for me

Do you have a receiver to power the speaker's? Because that matters. Computer is not really enough if you are trying to build a hi-fi system.

Thank you I have been wondering if I would need something like this and what the best way to hook the rokit 5s up.

Arn what do you mean receiver, I have yet to buy anything

The Rokits are powered studio monitors, they don't need an amp.

Which should i get the Rokit 5s, 6s, or 8s?

That's just personal choice. Do you want it with 5", 6", or 8" speakers?

I mean the bigger they are the louder?

Yes.

Should I plug them in Via the focusrite scarlettt he suggested?

Definitely, otherwise you'll end up with static coming out of your nice new monitors.

DO i need to buy the cables separate? and if so what am i going to need? just the XLR or TRS?

Yeah, the monitors should come with power cables.

Can that Audio interface only run TRS because I think thats all it has

The TRS is probably your best option since I'm not sure if the XLR on the front of that device do output or input only.

Why do you want such small speakers for music? You are better off just saving up your money for floor speakers. It will pay off for many years to come. You really get the feel of the music surrounding you and enveloping you with bigger better speakers.

I have a pair of 8" studio monitors and rarely turn them above 20% volume. I have no need for huge floor-standing speakers in a room this size and most other people probably don't either..

Wow you must live in a tool shed. If only you knew what you were missing out on.

Personally, I have the Audioengine A5. Whenever I get speakers again, they will probably be monitors, as most of my listening is done close to the computer, and I like to hear all the details. I'm quite satisfied with them and will probably upgrade my sub first though. Like I said, monitors some speakers can be fatiguing after prolonged listening, so you must choose them carefully. I did notice a difference in...detail when my head is positioned beyond the end of the triangle, so don't underestimate the importance speaker placement.

You have a point, but OP has to ask himself if he's going to be moving in the near future. Floor speakers would be good for when he's settled down. (OK, I know, who the hell can settle down anymore with lifetime employment gone?)

I will probably be living in smaller houses for most of my life

I just want something that's good with high volume and a decent price. It appears most people are suggesting the krks

KRK are pretty much the best studio monitors in that price range. If you wanna drop more cash, there are better ones.