The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

As some of you may know, I am an AMD Red Team plus member. I also have access to the official AMD slides used in the newest video released this morning for you to check out, and I will keep this thread updated with all the relevant official AMD information regarding Ryzen.

Warning:

Do not comment with rumors, talk of leaks, or other unofficial information. This is not the place for that, just leave it at the door.

With that being said here is all of the official AMD Ryzen Information that is publicly availible at the current time.

Performance:

Above system's configurations:

Pricing:

Roadmap:

AM4 Platform:

Videos:

I will update this periodically as more information comes out, as I get it :D

14 Likes

Can we expect much closer numbers or even opposite results when the opposing chips are OC'd to 4.6-5.0?

I mean i could guess. But i have no clue. And anyway. See above.

5 Likes

Ah. Understood. I apologize.

1 Like

so far the numbers seem interesting for Multitasker/heavy system utilization workloads.

I have some hypothesis where the single core performance will land but as better multicore utilization in software is slowly starting to happen I am hopeful now I just have to wait to see specific benchmarks.

1 Like

Is the chipset information from CES fully official? As badass as the processors are, it seems like the connectivity options are the make or break point for many people.

1 Like

Let me add the slides from the PCper site here. They are legit, idk on any others.
About the AM4 platform.
edit: added
edit
wait one sec let me check
reedit
yep am fine with the pcper slides

Videos from third-party sources who were at the event:

Paul's Hardware

Bitwit

LinusTechTips

Gamers Nexus

3 Likes

How do explain the lack of pci-e 3 16x2 on the new amd motherboards when there is some evidence that it does matter gpu wise ? The lack of it on enthusiast class motherboards where it might be used the most.

im not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean but gen 3 PCIE speed really does not matter much for GPUs as long as its faster than x4

I will see if i can find the article. I have pci-e gen 3 16x2 in my old amd. So why the regression ?

No, you don't.

8 Likes

No you don't. It's Gen 2. Gen 2 X16 is the same bandwidth as Gen 3 X8 btw.

Z170 has Gen 3 X8 X8...

As for why less lanes it is to make the CPU and motherboard cheaper.

2 Likes

Aaaaand here is the article.

unless it is the ultra-rare Sabertooth R2 that had aPLX chip for it i agree

1 Like

Where? Where are you finding this evidence? All the research I have done shows that it doesn't matter a damn bit unless you're doing multi-gpu setups.

Nope, gen 2.

Nope, Gen 3. These were extremely rare

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FXGEN3_R20/specifications/

1 Like

there is a special version of it is what i said
or maybe it was a special gigabyte Ud5
that has a plx chip for PCIE gen 3
@DerKrieger knows whats up he linked it

nope gen 3 :) You guys are so easy to bait.

1 Like