ftfy lol

i just wanted to post that it is close enough right? lol

Local store near me in Australia

2 Likes

holy crap, already have hit the Best Seller page on Amazon
and this is AMAZON we are talking about not even Newegg

wow

2 Likes

Yup. Discussing it in the other Ryzen thread. Amazon also appears to be sold out of the 1800X and of the 11 X370 boards available this morning on Newegg only 4 were still in stock when I last checked an hour ago

3 Likes

Im very interested to see how AMD adapted their branch prediction unit for this chip. I know that some work loads using the FX chips were hurt really bad by it.

Hey, I have made a list of X370 motherboard would love to have seen more but there are still a good amount for launch would love to hear what people think of the new boards.
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/x370-motherboards/113316

2 Likes

With the Canadian dollar being what it is and with no benchmarks out that are not tech demos I don't care. Let us see when the YouTubers and more get their hands on it.

I am honestly still exceedingly skeptical.

I am hearing that there is no igpu, but several motherboards have HDMI or displayport outs.

Also, there will be no small form factor motherboards until the sales for ryzen are above a certain point.

And lastly, AFAIK there hasn't been any "official" mention of how PCI-e lanes will work. I am assuming its 24 lanes or more. 16 for the video card. 4 for the IO. 2 for sata, and 2 for NVME.

I really hope AMD cuts the crap with these motherboards and comes out with an X390 motherboard with a proper 40 lane system like the 990fx boards have.

I would love for someone to get it through their heads and expand out PCIe to 44-50 lanes natively. 32 for video cards, 4 for NVME, 4 for thunderbolt 3, 2 for sata and 2 for X1 sound cards or something along those line.

1 Like

For APUs. Because AM4.

Haven't heard of that. Source?

And for PCIe lanes, I haven't seen any mindblowing thunderbolt devices so far and 32 lanes for GPUs are still pointless.

From a quick look, there is a little below a 1% performance difference in PCI-e 3.0 x16 and PCI-e 3.0 x8 slots. The difference is not even close to perceptible and should be ignored as inconsequential to users fretting over potential slot or lane limitations.
- Gamers Nexus

PCIe 3.0 x16 for GPU (from processor)
PCIe 3.0 x4 for SATAe and/or M.2 (from processor)
PCIe 2.0 x4/x6/x8 for general IO (from chipset)

Check the slides labeled "AMD AM4 Platform Feature Summary" in the OP.

1 Like

I did exactly the same!

I am an idiot too.

I even ordered a 1800x, not the 1700x....

I'm so stupid.

4 Likes

I feel like a wave of retardation could be about to wash over me TBH.

Ryzen is looking like the real thing.

4 Likes

I ordered the same MB, but with a 1800x, I'll be using a NH-D15 (Noctua) for cooling. I'll post my benches, because we have nearly the same systems including ram (except I bought Vengenance LPX 32 gb 3200 on two sticks).

2 Likes

Dumbtrain! Chooooo choooooo!

2 Likes

There are AM4 socket APUs. Probably more to come.

This all looks good but i dont like the fact that crossfire/sli is limited to x370 platform

Its not though. B350 so have it as well.
Though at the prices they are at, x370 really isnt that much of a step up in prices.

X370:
$120-300+ motherboards
B350:
From a couple that have shown up it looks like it will be $80-120.
But that's only based on the 1 or 3 that have showed up yet so might be lower/higher for b350.

i know it not limited to it but the BS marketing material says that it it

Did you look at this one lol

It suggest b350 is still having 16 lanes... So it can
Whether it will is a different story but would you really expect SLI on a board that costs leas than $90?
For $100-120+ yeah sure fine.
But the low end ones aren't going to really be used with multi gpu anyway in most cases.

2 Likes

X370 is the enthusiast platform and SLI/CF is an enthusiast thing, sooooo ...
I don't see a problem there.

1 Like