The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

OK, no worries. DerKrieger and I were not about to fight in any way lol. I just thought you were trying to deny the common denominator of our posts, that being the relativism with regards to the blind preordering frenzy.

1 Like

Official pricing in stores in my country:

1800X is 550,-Euro
1700X is 438,-Euro
1700 is 412,-Euro...
I don't expect pricing to vary much in EU in general...
That Some motherboards have surfaced, they are much much better priced... 290,-Euro for Asus Crosshair VI Hero is shit. I will get B350 Prime for 111,- Euro, thank you very much...

Lol, lisa can talk about what ever she wants to. I don't think a regular gamer is gonna spend 500 bucks on a cpu.

Remember that most gamers are looking to spend 250 on an i5. Obviously the comment about content creation is probably more true.

And my ultimate point going forward is that I would love to buy a ryzen system and stick it to intel. But if I am gonna spend half a grand on parts, then I want them to last a long time. Part of that longevity comes from having the latest and greatest features.

Its just frustrating because the amd 990fx board does support 40 lanes.

You say that and yet people have dropped money onto the 5960X and also the 6950X which are freakishly more expensive ... far GAMING. And why? Because. "Its the best"

But I am not one who knows the actual stats of how many so even though there are a ton of custom builds with the 8-10 core i7s that are ridiculously priced, there may not be that many actual builds with them compared to standard quad core i7s for reasonable-ish prices.

FX 9590 was also the first 8 core 5GHz CPU, but now people jizz their pants, becayse 7700K can hit 5GHz with heavy OC, Delid and cooling...

1 Like

I clearly said regular : P

I dunno though. Maybe there is a larger market for "the best" than I think there is.

1 Like

4.6GHz 5820k here, my brain is telling me to wait on the surely eventual Asus Sabertooth X370 and Zen+, but all this excitement is making me want to BUILD.

1 Like

Just wait... You will not gain much at all...

It is not a needed thing like water and food so just wait and see the real benchmarks by regular YouTubers and such before going and blowing a wad on all that is Ryzen.

Yeah I know, and I'm a fairly rational person.

Yep, waiting is why I said Zen+, because I know that's what will make the most sense. Wait for them to learn whatever lessons they get out of these first generation chips before making any commitments. I game and stream with some light video editing so what I have right now suits my needs just fine. The only thing I can't do is flawless 1440p recording in OBS at 60fps but that's asking for a lot and really isn't necessary as I'm not pumping out videos.

1 Like

Ouch! I ordered the 1700 for 359,-.

It's painful... I'll just save up until Q2...

@Cavemanthe0ne do we have any official Ryzen based APU information yet? I am actually very exited about the possibilities of a Ryzen+Vega APU in a tiny box.

ya, bitten by the bug. :)

Is there any info on hardware passthrough for x370 or b350 chipsets?

1 Like

I believe Wendell is going to work with that soon with some kind of insider help. He mentioned it in the other Ryzen thread here: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/ryzen-is-upon-us/113290/128

2 Likes

So is all this pre-ordering going on because AMD might not be that confident in what they are offering and want to see what the real interest level is? Put your money where your mouth is or shut up?

1 Like

I think it's more like taking advantage of every ounce of rocket boosted hype they can. In a nutshell AMD just beat Intel for literally half the cost. They lifted the info embargo on R7 processors earlier than the tech press expected (judging by the rushed nature of articles and videos, and a few things said within to the effect of "we didn't expect to be talking about this yet").

"Hey we just cut the price of computing in half and oh yeah, you can sign up to buy one now."

It's very effective.

2 Likes

Pretty much but he is also right. It let's them see stock numbers and move products around to help eliminate supply problems.

1 Like

I am glad AMD came out with Ryzen a week before GDC. Hopefully their slot at GDC will be mostly be about Vega.

6 Likes