The new Firefox Browser... Who's running it? Is it worth the upgrade?

Twitch did once break from switching tabs

I tracked down my UI performance regression -- it was actually the ghostery add-on, of all things. Since disabling it, everything seems to have cleared up.

1 Like

I would uninstall that PoS if I were you. uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger are enough. Only a VPN can help you out more if you want total privacy.

1 Like

I have also heard bad things about Ghostery.

Personally, I use uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, NoScript, HTTPSEverywhere and CanvasBlocker to enhance my privacy. In the end, this is only a drop of water on a hot stone, since there are many more ways of tracking visitors, but my hope is that this will get rid of the simple attempts.

1 Like

Ghostery caused lots of lag loading. I disabled it and loads fine now. I sent an email to Ghostery. No reply yet.

It was uploading your personal data :smile:

3 Likes

I wish I was that interesting...:wink:

@lightonflux

I only use a few Firefox plugins. The only one that is not compatible with multiprocess is: Pinboard Extension 1.2.1. Any tips?

EDIT: Changed Pinboard plugin. Works. Feels faster now. Weee!

Thanks for that. I discovered Firefox had a refresh button. That plus with multi-thread it fell so smooth.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice been looking for a good QT browser.

1 Like

Yeah multithreading makes FF insanely snappy.

Multiprocess Windows 1/1 (Enabled by default)

about:newtab
as homepage shows empty page :neutral_face:

Look into the settings, it might be set as empty on startup. Afaik that’s whats used for new tabs and windows.

Cant find that from settings, but have to later check through that about:support

When firefox starts:

If the dropdown has empty or blank then that’s your issue.

Had “Show my home page” there and tried that blank which did the same

So I guess this is bug

What version are you running? This looks very dated.

Running 55 right now and holy shit you can feel how much better it is :smiley:

1 Like

Suprisingly stable and fast, after using it for weeks I gotta hand it to them, it truly is a fantastic browser

4 Likes