The Man-Cave

That is a superb setup. Fantastic job.

I can see your finger in the last picture. :P

This is a real nice setup you have here. You can see the attention to detail, and the hard work that went into this project.

1 Like

Router wise i'm now getting
wired - 170mbps on speedtest
2.4ghz Wifi - Speedtest 145mbps
5ghz Wifi transfer - 1.4gbps on video file

pretty good

:)

What is the deskpad you are using in the pictures? I have an xtrac xxxl, but it's a little long in the tooth, and I'm looking for a replacement

I'm getting all misty. Bloody beautiful. ...Bloody beautiful.

its a XXL overclockers Mousemat

updates!

new patio/path

New Desk Area Behind Sofa. [ROG Swift + Dell 2913WM]
[IMG]http://smogsy.com/Cabin/June2015/DSC_0856.jpg[/IMG]

6 Likes

Not enough wood paneling bro

Nice space!

Pro designer tip:

Move your speakers more from the sides of your TV... Further out... start be splitting the distance from the wall, and maybe keep going, or run a few tests over time. They are big enough, and have enough low end to cover the room well, and potentially achieve wider separation for your movies and music. The narrow "throw" concept is actually a real thing too, but generally you need to train yourself to work with it, or really control the environment a bit more. Wood walls are truly awesome and forgiving for sound waves, but it's a harder surface than like single sheet drywall, so you're going to have more accurate reflections bouncing around. Therefore, you basically want, and can handle more volume, and more coverage, aka wider, or more cabinets..

You also might want to think about moving that furniture out of the default corner spots you've found. As your interior designer, I know it seems like a logical spot, but the corners are sort of sacred for acoustics. and symmetry is visually sort of bland. Think about ergonomics, or like bat-belt logic, over symmetry.

Also, if you put your subwoofer closer to the corner of the room, you will load the room / direct the coverage more so than simply trying to cover from a arbitrary spot somewhere in the middle. Some people avoid this, and speak against this "trick" because it does create a polarization of waves, which is generally sort of a limitation, but for theatrical experience, you'll basically get more consistent horse power from the low end.

How old is this thread how and why is this still going? can we necro this plox?

He's from the UK

I would recommend against that particular mouse mat. I have one and I had to replace it after about 2-3 months. The edges are really quite sharp due to the glue used to adhere the smooth surface to the rubber. They scratch my arms when I use it and it's frayed too, causing the top surface to come away from the rubber bottom.

I've replaced it with a Technet XXL mat. It's the same size, but it has a stitched edge to stop the fraying from happening.

bruh that post is 3 months old

Thanks for the info @Kyle, I ended up going with a steelseries qck xxl.

Hi my name is Nick, perhaps you will fly me out to the ManCave and we have drink beer and I can tell you how much I envy you.

So you put $1000's of equipment outside, with no security, away from the place you normally spend your time?

Then advertise it online?

Do you know what year it is? You better put steel on those windows.

you forgot a "0" ;)

op is loaded and lives on a giant estate. you'd have to go through the woods and swamps to get at his stuff, not to mention taking it all back through the woods and swamps while he has his man eating dogs chasing you.

2 Likes

Yup, this.

i forgot i needed to update this thread, been busy buying :D

Beyerdyanmics A20 & Arcam IrDAC for HD650s

New Monitors
4K Gsync PG27AQ 1440p Gsync PG278Q & Dell 2913WM

9 Likes