The level1techs should upload their videos to odysee.com

no mate not worth it.
the same as paid subscriptions to youtube channels.
some youtubers get 1-16 million views at 0.001p per view. which is tv rates.
yet want 5.99 of you a month to get rid of ads.
or worse there content is actually ads for other peoples products dressed as a benchmark/tech review.
psst STILL AND ADVERT! even if it is 15 mins long.

1 Like

I would also like to see videos on odysee (or anything other than youtube really). Youtube is virtually impossible to watch over tor anymore meaning I can’t watch the news or anything else anylonger.

I wish LBRY desktop was available on aarch64, even if it was a flatpak. Odysee is a steaming pile of ****. I still use it, because some people I watch are only there, or they encourage people to watch them there. So I use yt-dlp to download videos from odysee instead of youtube before I watch them, but navigating the site is horrible. Besides, odysee still uses Google Manager and at some point, Odysee had a connection to Stripe, why, I don’t know. It seems to have been removed at some point.

Odysee could be so much better as a platform if it optimized their code and made the site a bit more minimal. All the effects and animations are making the site unbearably slow.

What is scary about peertube? I assume you meant Odysee, but if not, care to explain?

I would like to see more people spreading out on other platforms, especially self-hosting PeerTube, but odysee may work as a backup, because it automatically grabs the videos from your channel.