The Level1Techs KVM (Keyboard, Video Mouse) Switch - 4k/60hz monitor & USB Switchbox | Level One Techs

Thats why he made them in the first place. Because he couldnt find any that were even semi-decent

1 Like

Bought the dual display port version for use with my work laptop and home desktop. Now that I finally have a new desktop with multiple display ports, I hooked up using my microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse (model 5000). I saw the notes about wireless not working so was absolutely geeked when it worked flawlessly for a couple of days. Now, my desktop seems to be fighting the connection and frequently drops/reconnects. Laptop works flawlessly. Just wondering if there are any wireless keyboard/mouse that work better. Thanks!

try the usb3 ports instead of the usb2 ports, and when switching, try doubletapping numlock.

tbh the only device that was super problematic was OLD usb wireless recievers by logitech. When sending them a reset command they will not actually reset unless you kill powerā€¦ which I canā€™t do because it causes more problems with other devices than it solves. also dramatically increases input switching time.

usb3 ports should mostly leave the reciever alone. its the keyboard that cuts out not the display right?

@wendell ?

I promise to buy it this time! lol

I bit the bullet and bought a nice 4-port Dual Link DVI KVM some years ago. Been shopping for a new monitor lately and sadly, DVI has gone the way of the brontosaurus, because of the limited bandwidth. OMG, when I started pricing Display Port KVMs, I found that I could buy a nice 21:9 1440P monitor for the cost of a decent Display Port / USB 3.0 KVM! Holy excrement Batman!!!

And whatā€™s the deal with new monitors only having a single DP input? WTF??? I guess Iā€™ll have to figure out how Looking Glass works ā€¦

@wendell any update on when re-stock will happen?

Mine keeps beeping at me in random bursts, think its trying to tell me something :thinking:

@wendell do you have a waiting list for the next batch of KVM switches that I could sign up to please?

Hi All,

I need some cash for the holidays so I am selling my Dual Monitor KVM.

Feel free to put an offer in here:

Back in stock yā€™all :smiley:

3 Likes

Two dp cables plus two USB cables is 4 cables, cables kit is optional, though

NOTE: No cables are included, but we are selling a separate 2 pack of 19 pin DisplayPort 1.2 (4k/60hz certified) + USB3 (5gbps) cables separately here.
ref:

The very first batch of KVMs few people wanted to pay extra for cables they didnt want, so the cable kit is optional now. 4 cables in the kit, two dp, two usb:

So if you want 4 dp + 4 usb3 just get two cable kits

3,5mm audio should be ok

and its the us style plug. but I think the transformer supports 230 so just a mechanical adapter should be all you need?

1 Like

I HIGHLY recommend the cable kit. Iā€™ve had display issues with any cables that arenā€™t the ones from the kit. I went so far as to buy a total of 10 from Wendell lol

2 Likes

They are a good deal. No profits made on cable kits lol

3 Likes

Thats a shame. Should have a for profit and a non profit kits XD

Any word on possibly a DisplayPort 1.4 model? Been eyeing the new LG 34" 5K2K HDR DCI-P3 ultrawide, but itā€™s DP 1.4 (in theory would work in non hdr mode, as itā€™d be under 17 Gb, but HDR mode would be 19 Gb.)

hi
any body hellp me
i have a manual kvm 4port and display not worked
when satart pc i have display on bios,but when windows(win7) started display go off !!
hellp mee pleasss

@wendell I just received the dual display KVM, and Iā€™m aiming to use it with a Windows PC with a 1080 Ti and a 2018 Mac Mini. My monitors are a Dell S2716DG and an Acer XB270HU, both of which are 1440p/144hz gsync capable monitors. On the Windows machine, both of these monitors are working fine for the most part, although I have noticed some flickering with gsync occasionally, and sometimes after switching back, the Acer is detected with a max refresh rate of 85hz instead of 144hz. The real issue Iā€™m running into here is that only the Dell display is detected by the Mac Mini. By switching ports and cables around, I did very briefly get it to see the Acer, but I havenā€™t been able to replicate that since. Connecting the monitors directly to the Mac works just fine.

Iā€™ve tried using the cables directly from you guys, as well as these and these. For the regular DisplayPort cables, Iā€™ve been trying with this DisplayPort to Thunderbolt 3 converter. I get exactly the same results with every combination.

Iā€™m not sure what else to try.

The only known good cables are the ones in the kit. I believe Wendell will sell you some, but I donā€™t want to put words in his mouth.

Your problem is almost certainly a display port 1.2 issue but itā€™s also possibly the cables. Iā€™ve had issues with display port protocols over 1.2.

Ah, it could also be the thunderbolt adapter causing trouble.

I mentioned in my post that I tried the cables from here. I ordered two sets. I get the same results with them as with the other cables I have. And everythingā€™s working fine on Windows, as noted.

I do have an update, thoughā€¦ I swapped the cables between the ā€œtopā€ and ā€œbottomā€ ports on the KVM (I had previously only been switching to different numbered ports, but not changing which monitor went into the top and which went into the bottom), and now I have the reverse behavior. The Acer is detected, but the Dell isnā€™t.

It could be the Thunderbolt adapter, but the standalone DisplayPort -> Thunderbolt cables I have exhibit exactly the same issues.

What do you mean by DisplayPort 1.2 issue?

Sorry, Iā€™m not 100% right now, I did notice that youā€™d tried them though.

This kvm technically doesnā€™t support over 1.2. After manually switching my monitors to disable 1.2a, in favor of 1.2, it worked fine. At least, thatā€™s my experience.

In regards to the thunderbolt adapter, it is possible. I donā€™t really know what to say there, since I donā€™t actually have hardware to test it with. Itā€™s possible, and we have seen problems with them before.