The desktop PC is dead ! .. No wait. Samsung move into PC market

Fucking mac clones.

That's as overpriced as an Apple product.

Bet that has high specs and runs cool :)

Most early android phones weren't that great anyway. A lot has changed in the design/development of mobile devices in the last decade, I would say more in the focus of chipsets actually intended for mobile. Again, I don't think Samsung was the exception here, they were in the same rush as Apple was/is.

Also, running a full UI OS like Android is much different/taxing on hardware, not really comparable in regards to older phones.

A PC with nonstandard components. This will be a roaring success.

1 Like

A modular pc! Never seen that before...

Had two different friends buy Samsung TV's ..about 3 years ago.. both had issues where tech had to come out and replace something in the TV. Not sure how widespread the issue was.... nor do I remember the specific problem. :|

@psycho_666 I'm going to knock loudly on wood but my 840 Evo has been doing good for the year and half that had W7 installed on it. No slowdowns whatsoever so I guess the updated firmware worked. To be honest I think that, at the time of launch, they were the best value for the performance they offer. Back when the 840 Evo line launched the market was not as crowded s anow and prices were higher. I agree with the general unreliability of Samsung when it comes to electronics but I think that with SSD they done it.

@anon37371794 When you're talking about your Samsung laptop working really well when the rest of the world is saying the opposite I feel you. Same story with my HP latptop lol

I don't feel like judging Samsung for this move, yet. But overall the idea of a stackable accessories to put on a trashcan looks like the door for a nightmare experience. PCs are not yet build to swap critical components on and off (see the difficulties in the beginning that had Microsoft with the Surface Book, MSI with the first ever GPU dock and the few of Thunderbolt of early days). But, in my opinion, they're going to only try to sell overprice accessories like the Harman-Kardon speaker seen in the OP picture.

If they use the same principles they used with the Note 7 and their laptops, this thing will be something that will autodestroy by even looking at it ugly.

grabs popcorn

Whatever happened to that Razer modular PC thing? That was like 4-5 years ago I think.

Makes the Mac Pro look more worthy to purchase. Just why is the SD card slot at the back and between the connectors?

project christine?

still a "project"