The CRT Hole

Basically take a shotgun and fill it with lasers inside a glass box with a lead backplate.

Past that, look up the Osborne 1. 4inch CRT. I think thats as small as you can get.

You know what I just had a thought. You don't really need to worry about viewing angles with most flat screen CRT's lol.

I mean depth not width. If they weren't 1 foot fucking deep I'd totally go back to crt.

1 Like

Get a bigger desk you vegan :U

2 Likes

Are you sure it actually locks the game's refresh rate and the developers not just put a 60fps lock because that is the first time I've heard of that scenario? So if I have a 120hz monitor, the game will lock at 120hz?

Faster as in smoother gameplay or as in the game's logic is faster? Unless this improves the game, which going by your experience is yes, usually having the game faster than normal doesn't entail a good experience.

Alright, I'm not totally sure if that's what it's actually doing, but from how it feels, that's what it looks like.

I'll put it this way - if you emulate a wii game and unlock the frame limiter to 60fps when it was designed to run at 30, it'll look like it's running at double the speed because the rendering on wii games is tied to the framerate. Ori on a CRT does a similar thing but to a much lesser extent. In cutscenes, the visual scenes get out of sync with the audio, which is the only drawback I've experienced.

To answer the actual question, it's kind of both logically faster and smoother in terms of gameplay. It gives the effect of the character responding to inputs sooner and makes it feel smoother.

1 Like