The Complete Linux Course

Thanks to Google tracking my every move, this was suggested to me on YouTube, and some of you might find it useful so I'm sharing it:

So if you're not a Linux user but you want to be after seeing all of those Linux topics and posts around this website, this is definitely for you.

4 Likes

Just in time for me! Installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS tonight. Thanks!

Great video.

I do feel like Linux is getting easier to use with the newer distro's, and it is much less reliant on the terminal. But when I started using Linux in 2006/ 2007, it was a whole different learning experience. I still remember learning how to edit X11 just to get some custom resolutions for my old CRT monitor, compiling just about every program I wanted to use, and the nightmares of wireless on a laptop.

Current distro's feel much more automated. But it is always good to have a introductory guide like this one.

May I ask why LTS rather than the regular release cycle 17.04?

Might want to put this up there. I know a lot of people don't learn well from videos.

https://linuxjourney.com/

2 Likes

I went LTS because I wanted as little complications as possible. As I work/research more it doesn't seem non LTS releases have a ton of issues, but come with the newest features. Might be worth reinstalling in the next few weeks on the non LTS version.

I've found more issues on "stable" and LTS releases due to the lack of updated packages. Like my GPU for example, I just got the latest bug fix for it, but I would have never gotten it on an LTS or stable release distro.

Yeah, in a couple of weeks I'll most likely do another install or either Ubuntu/Debian or Fedora, and stick with the regular releases.