The Coffee Thread

Some coffee wallpapers:

Oh man Nice thread!!! I will be using some of the suggestions.

Anyhow,
"I like my coffee how I like my metal... BLACK"

I wish I could find the mug with that phrase that @Logan has in some of the older Tek Episodes. Anyone know where I could find this?

EDIT: I found one site (Etsy)... but 20$ is a bit too steep for just a mug shipped.

This me, I can't stay awake no matter how much I sleep.

*This is me

This thread could become the biggest yet.......

This year, my secret santa gift at work is going to be a shutterfly mug covered with candid pictures of me at work.

Last year it was a USB copy of the bible.

If you complain about my lack of participation, this is what you will end up with.

1 Like

Got a new coffee maker today! :) Time to increase my blood pressure even higher. How high? Who knows!

At least I'll save some $ by making it at my house again.

I HEREBY RAISE THIS HOLY THREAD FROM THE DEAD! RISE!

So, what are your guys's favorite coffees?
Mine in a double shot Americano with a shot of chocolate. I literally (Yes I mean literally) had that exact drink for 3 months in a row, every day.

1 Like

While I was a smoker, in those dark ages of 2 years ago I didn't really care what coffee I was drinking. They all tasted the same to me.
Then I quit smoking.
If you are smoker, you are not just killing yourself, you are also torturing yourself.
The food started to taste better, the coffee started to taste better, everything tasted better. Everything smelled better.
It was truly a rebirth like experience.
I tried almost all reasonably priced coffee brands on the local market and I chose Lavazza Rossa for 3-3.5€.
Then someone on the forum told me to try the tin can Rossa. So I did.

Lacking espresso machine at home I am having Nescaffee instant... The Rossa is at my work place...

Sorry to hijack a little, anyone have a goto method of making coffee? We have a coffee grinder and a still and French press how should i combine them to make perfect coffee?
Edit - I don't know what temp the still spits water out at.

Never done the french press thing, but I grind my own beans and use a percolator. Hard to beat that

I like cold brew pretty well, but it isn't the same as espresso. I hear in Italy they use moka pots. Apparently it's like an old fashioned espresso maker. Would love to try it some time, it sounds like a good alternative to those expensive machines.

When I was a kid my parts had a percolator but that was so long ago I can't remember what it tasted like. I just remember the skins and the smells. I think I'll just have to experiment with different be times and water temps to see what I like best.

Oooh coffeemasterrace! I shall join-in too. :)

This is supposed to be 100% Puerto Rican coffee, but rumor has it that there is no such thing here, because our soils and agriculture is unable to keep up to our ridiculously high demand for coffee so we import a lot of the beans from Mexico. Still tastes great though.

This one was purchased from a local farm. Very expensive but tasted awesome.

1 Like

I've tried it, it's overrated. And it was probably fake anyway.

Oh God, last place I worked for was renamed Hacienda. If the boss there sees this coffee she will import it immediately.

1 Like

I like Guatemalan SHB (strictly hard bean) coffee, plunger ground! I usually get it from Altura, who have a reputation here for sourcing from collectivized farms and co-operatives only. I usually get either the Altitude (blend of Guatemalan, Colombian)or the SHB Guatemalan from them. And I get three packs/year shipped to me (along with one mug a year) for my yearly donations to democracynow.org. This stuff is really good... always Guatemalan, always sourced from collectivized farms, and is strong as shit! It has a smokey flavor to it that's a little hard to describe...

And here's some from my collection of coffee mugs...

This past Summer I had a few types of Green Mountain:

• Breakfast Blend
  • Caramel Vanilla Cream*
  • Dark Magic
  • French Roast
  • French Vanilla*
  • Hazelnut*
  • Our Blend
  • Pumpkin Spice*
  • Southern Pecan*
  • Wild Mountain Blueberry*

Everything with an asterisk (*) was flavoured coffee and pretty lackluster overall, the best was probably CVC, and even that wasn't all that good. Pumpkin Spice didn't taste like pumpkin, nor did the Wild Mountain Blueberry taste like blueberries or mountains.

The non-flavoured ones were better, but my favourite is still Dark Magic. Nice and roasty without tasting like charcoal.

I've had a bit of Private Selection coffee.

http://www.privateselection.com/artisan-products/gourmet-beverages/coffee/

The flavors I've had are as follows:

• Caramel Truffle
  • Costa Rican Tarrazu
  • Sumatran Mandheling
  • Cinnamon Pastry

My favorite of the bunch is the Costa Rican Tarrazu.

I personally do something of a "double double" with the cimo coffee.