The Beer Garden: What do you drink, and why?

I love sours personally, but given that it’s currently -6°F outside this is what I’m drinking right now:

Very heavy on the coffee flavor, thick like a stout should be and just bitter enough to balance it all out.

4 Likes

I’m a simple man. PBR, Miller, whatever else that’s easy to drink. I get angry when people tell me I’m “trashy” because I don’t have a picky palate. I’ll drink nicer beer and enjoy it greatly, but since I don’t really care I go with what’s drinkable and cheap. If I’m in the mood for something heavier I’ll grab a Guinness, Boddingtons, or similar, something that my imagination tells me I’d find in a pub after a Liverpool game.

I guess I’m really quite fond of all beer, but just not that picky on what. I enjoy trying new beers and almost always enjoy them but this never convinces me to choose a nicer genre in which to spend my money.

2 Likes

The only time I drink corn beer is when work events have them for free, and even then I can only really drink one. Beers like those make me feel ill these days, and this coming from someone who used to drink copius quantities of Black Label and PBR. I think my tolerance to them ran out several years ago :joy:

Beavertown brewery - Gamma Ray - American Pale Ale
:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Quite the Mars Attacks theme going on there!

2 Likes

Had to try something fancy the other night:

Great beer, the lambic yeast (I think) can really be felt in the aroma, but the flavor is a subtle sour, still definitely a porter but with a lot of muted notes, very nice, not overly clean though. Very enjoyable.

And one of my favorites last night (if that’s not evident by the pint glass):

3 Likes

Continuing with the winter trend:

6 Likes

Keeping it alive at all costs!

Actually this wasn’t too expensive, but it is delicious!

3 Likes

Mocha stout, my favorite of all beers. Followed closely by Imperial stouts. The darker the better imo.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, especially during winter. Oatmeal and Imperial stouts are probably my go-tos below freezing.

Deschutes is still my go to, just feels and tastes like a perfect stout.

Also picked up this guy a few days ago…

Aaaand its gone.

2 Likes

One of the more over rated Whisky’s on the market. I highly recommend Old Pultney 12 y/o or Glen Cadam 15 y/o if you can still find it.

Also how to you finish 750 ml of single malt in a couple days?

Idk, there was a sale on it lmao.

Shared with company, I don’t hate my liver that much.

You are not worthy lol. You don’t drink that much when you pour a dram. Did they quaff that shit down like Karkov or something?

Mind if I ask how much they charged you for that bottle? That 14y/o near me is nearly 70 bucks which is nuts IMO. I’ve seen it online for 40 before.

Yea it was about $45, which was pretty cheap for the 14yr.

And yea it was a combo of having friends over and a celebration for the last duck hunt of the season.

Pretty much anything that’s Czech or Icelandic. I have yet to be dissappointed.

1 Like

Another localesque beer by Madhouse:

Not super cherry-flavored, but holy hell it’s got a real sour kick. I’ve had their Sour Diesel which is quite good, as well as Black & Blue - yes, a blackberry and blueberry sour - which is egregiously strong in the sour department, and this reminds me much more of the latter. It’s got a nice aftertaste though, lingering flavor without the sour kick but a hint of tart. It’s very much like a porter, dark without the heaviness of a stout.

I’d probably be an alcoholic if I lived within walking distance of their taproom though.

1 Like

I’ve got Miller High Life because poor and that beer is cheap while still being drinkable.
Certainly not my preferred stuff… but it does the job in a pinch

I think the cheapest I’d go and pay for it these days would be Beck’s Dark.

But about ten years ago I drank more Black Label than you would believe… for better or worse I suppose.

Edit: I should note that the corn beers just make me feel terrible now although I don’t know why. Guess I’m getting old :persevere: