The Beer Garden: What do you drink, and why?

Having one of these right now after going in to work for five hours this morning, grinding a stump down in the back yard after lunch, and then helping fix up the garage finally (finished putting up OSB and the old - very old - kitchen cabinets for storage).

Very light, really doesn’t taste like it’s a 6.7% beer. Got a four pack for $4 on sale and really it’s pretty good. If they used Citra hops, they didn’t use a lot of them. Crisp, not very sweet or all that hoppy, definitely a lager but comes on a bit strong at the beginning and the bitterness tapers off quite quickly. Better cold than cool, and still several tiers above shit beer. Would drink again, especially at $1/pint!

And now it’s pouring rain…

1 Like

Trying out some Scottish IPA. I usually not a huge fan of IPAs, usually too bitter for me. This one seems pretty good, but maybe bit too bland.

Wrong glass I know.

2 Likes

Finally finished all the shit I plan to do today. Walked to the local gas station that has a build a sixer and found this one that I hadn’t had before.

Definitely drinks like the label says. Essentially a session IPA at 4.6% it’s got a little bitter kick to it without being harsh but it hangs on through the whole experience while the hoppier notes rise and fall pretty quickly. Not as tropical as the can says, but nice on a sunny afternoon. 6/10 wouldn’t turn down but not that special.

1 Like

Ironic, I got a book about Goose Island yesterday.

What book? Curious now…

Beer, business, and history are three things I’m interested in, so it’s kinda like a triple win.

Another book that I found really interesting:

The last bottle from @Steinwerks

I’m too lazy and tired to review this one.
It’s a stout. I like stout. It’s a pretty good stout. 7/10

3 Likes

I give that review 11/10

2 Likes

Did someone said stout?

2 Likes

Sorry that forgot to take a pic faster. Foam went off.

Anyways round two.

2 Likes

Had this one tonight and talk about interesting! So far about the best melding of IPA and sour beer I’ve ever had. Well balanced without either style squelching the other. 8/10 would drink again no question.

1 Like

A dry Irish stout here in the Oregon coast. Definitely dry but not as peaty as Irish stouts usually are. It’s quite good, and not inappropriate given the cool, foggy weather. 7/10 would recommend.

1 Like

I’m from beer country Belgium.
Mostly drink whitebeer and heavy blondes. Personal top 3:

1. Vedett
    Same brewery as Duvel, nice and light blonde that’s easy to drink but still hold a shit ton of flavour.
  2. Julius
    From the Hoegaarden brewery. Real heavy blonde with 8.7%. Drinks smooth with heavy carbination. This one is rather hoppy, which is pretty neat for a Belgian blonde. they usualy aren’t.
  3. Maretsous 12
    Absolutly masterfull creation from one of the top cheese abby’s in Belgium. A complex herbal flavour with the perfect mix of sweet sour and bitter.

If anyone is into beer exchange, hit me up and maybe you’ll have some of tese lovely babies in your fridge next week!

2 Likes

Recently single. In kind of a let’s get f’d up mood. This probably won’t do it, but it’s probably better that I don’t.

I do like the beer too. One of my favorites. Goes REALLY well with pizza. Too bad I have no pizza.

2 Likes

What you Drink? - Beer :slight_smile:

Why? It’s either what from the things I had to do to get to where I’m at, —or from what they’re asking me to do, now - either way…

Cheers!

Did yoga for the first time today, and it came with a beer! This is a cherry sour and it’s really good. Not brutally sour, but not as mild as many. The cherry isn’t really present in the aroma, but comes out rather quickly in the drink, and the sour fades but the cherry lives on for a good amount of time. I might have to come back and get a growler…

The photo doesn’t really capture the redness in reality either unfortunately.

3 Likes

I’m always searching for great/rare stuff, hunting things down. I live in a great spot where I have a dozen breweries within a 45 minute drive. Though lately I haven’t touched alcohol, on a diet, but maybe for the holiday coming up in September.
My last trip out I got Founders Double Trump, Sixpoint Resin, and Southern Tier Choklat Oranj.

100 proof vodka and diet.

because I’m in infosec and the stupidity i come across makes me drink

The local breweries here have all their sours out now. I’m tempted to send you some to try.

I think they are all quite good, but I’m not too picky with sours.

1 Like