The Beer Garden: What do you drink, and why?

I remember seeing Goose Island IPA, I’ll put it on the list. And maybe Lagunitas.

@w.meri Space Dust gets tumbs up. I want something a bit more bitter though

Hop Stoopid by Lagunitas or Resin by Sixpoint are good drinks that are another step up in bitterness.

1 Like

Flemmish red/brown sour ale. It’s a mix of sour, spontaneously fermented beer, and sweet red ale.
This is pretty much my favourite beer in the world. One of those beers that makes you really think about what you’re drinking, it’s so complex.

Edit: it’s called Vander Ghinste roodbruin, from the Omer Vander Ghinste brewery.

4 Likes

Just need an L1T stein…

3 Likes

We have had a thread for that

2 Likes

Yeah, the obstacle there might be that Wendell and co. don’t drink much if at all. As much as I’d like a vessel with the L1T logo scrolled across it, it would be kind of disingenuous for them to sell it.

I see what you’re saying, but they do sell L1T pint glasses in their store.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed that.

And despite my earlier point, if L1T were to release a limited edition, beautifully embossed, lidded, pewter stein, I would be first in line to purchase one, no matter the cost!

1 Like

As in easily at $50? Could get a custom embossed stoneware tankard for probably $30 or something.

@w.meri that might have been the Weihenstephaner talking…

1 Like

Bourbon Barrel Aged Coop DNR (With Chocolate)

It’s hard to improve on the beer this is based off of, but this isn’t too bad. It’s got a pretty earthy smell that’s followed by a whiff of figs. The taste kinda follows the smell, but with a small hint of cocoa. The chocolate is not really at the forefront of the overall taste, just at the very background.

TLDR: Oaky, earthy, taste of raisins/figs, with a small finish of cocoa. Not as good as the original Coop DNR, but an interesting taste overall.

3 Likes

Started playing Sea of Thieves today. Thought this would go along nicely.

1 Like

Good choice.

3 Likes

I just had a hops bullet. I enjoyed it, was pretty similar to Space Dust.

2 Likes

Picked this up today at the grocery store on sale:

I… I don’t know what this is. It’s… sort of beer-ish? Poured with the heavy, frothy head which subsided very quickly. Aroma of spices, but not as spice-fronted on tasting. Reviews say the chai is first but I don’t think I’ve ever had chai tea so I’ll have to take their word on it. It is quite sweet, more like a spiced brown ale than a stout, probably due to the mix.

It might take me a while to get through this six pack. The wife didn’t even want to try it after smelling it, and she’s a sucker for anything with an owl on the label (or any part of anything really).

1 Like

Radler is another name for shandy, and shandies are beers mixed with a soft drink like sparkling lemonade, ginger beer, or soda. Some of the European shandies are apparently pretty good, and the Traveler products from Boston Beer aren’t horrible for what they are.

In my job we’d probably have it classified as a “flavored malt beverage” like Mike’s or Twisted Tea. So yeah.

I’ve never had a FMB I’ve liked, so I prefer to avoid them if possible.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple shandies before, but this one is definitely a bit different.

Of course it’s been long enough I forgot why I didn’t buy them. At least it cost me less than $5.

First comes to worst you could always make beer bread with it (makes good toast).

• Can/bottle of beer
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Mix and bake at 375F for about 45 minutes.

1 Like

I have a soft spot for local.

2 Likes