The Basics of VLANs

I was inspired to make this video based off of K4KFH on this thread

Enjoy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLb9IoeVRq4

All feedback is welcome, hope some of you find this helpful.

Video is private bro

Herp a Derp, should be fixed.

This is brilliant! Thank you so much I will be sharing this with several friends

Also would you be interested in helping me set up some game servers for TekSyndicate? (Just curious) and you seem like you know a good bit about this (more than me, the closest thing to Cisco I've ever owned is Linksys)

Great video Z, very good explanation and refresher. I'd love to see more.

What sort of help are you looking for? 

Really great video.

What annoys me when setting up VLANs (or at least what I've messed around with) is that each vendor seems to just make up all the terminology, so you think you've got it all figured out then you use a different switch and now trunk means something else :P

That's the issue with multiple vendors. Everyone does something different. 

I know the Dell switches are very similar to the Cisco ones. But a lot of the annoyance of terminal configuration has been removed due to the addition of useful web based gui

If any of you have any other suggestions for what you'd like to see, just leave them below.

Yeah I was so confused when I got my switch because the tutorial that I watched the guy was using a ProCurve and I was so confused :P hopefully when my school pulls out all their old switches over the summer and pitches them in favor of new ones I'll get to go dumpster diving for them lol then maybe I can learn to speak Cisco

I've always wanted to do a set of Jtag/serial cable videos for unbricking routers, but I simply just don't have the time. 

Hmmm I would kinda need to brick something to do that. But I'll keep it in mind if I ever do.

Um I have a bricked Linksys router if you want it XD its a WRT150N if I remember correctly