The ARCTIC Freezer 4U SP3 is out of stock everywhere in one day, whats going on

was shopping for it this week, every site had it. and in 24 hours every site says out of stock. anyone has any idea why ? i don’t believe that there is a surge in TRPro users all of a sudden.

they’re also good for 4u epyc systems
probably low volume sku

2 Likes

I ordered one just yesterday from Amazon. Now I see it’s out of stock over there.
When I had it in my cart yesterday, it said there was 14 in stock.

I guess it’s good I got mine when I did.

Could be they’re making a slighlty less tall version.
They had hinted at it in response to Craft Computing’s Review.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is generally true, but I seem to kind of notice that a lot of shops don’t actually keep their own stock.
You often see stuff like ‘4 pieces availalble at (distributer/external) warehouse’, and they only order it from the disitributor once you’ve ordered it. So all these shops don’t have ‘4 pieces’ each, but there are only 4 pieces in total at the distributor.

I got bitten by this so many times during the last couple of months, where it said on the shop page, 4 pieces available ready to be delivered in 2 days. And after I ordered I got a message that delivery date has been postponed and order has been placed at the distributor. :rage:

PS: I’m waiting for an optane drive since the day Intel announced it would terminate the optane stuff. I thought I quickly buy one, before the’re out of stock. Not sure if it will ever get delivered.

I just ordered one straight from Germany, 10 days door to door, i haven’t ordered the rest yet, but figured ill get one of these anyway.

2 Likes

Oh geez, I just watched that video. Here it is for reference:

It’s possible that this cooler won’t fit in my Rosewill 4U case, as it has a non-removable motherboard tray which adds about 5 mm of extra height, like Craft Computing’s case. I’d need to downgrade to a 92mm cooler like the Noctua NH-D9 DX.

If that’s the case, I’m willing to ship this cooler to someone else in this community for my cost + shipping to you. Instead of returning it back to Amazon. Please let me know.

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible.

It fits in my case with not even a single millimeter to spare.

1 Like

What case if you don’t mind me asking

Norco 4224. There’s a thread here somewhere Wendell started where people were posting their fit/won’t fit stories and posting pictures.

I’ve since replaced the board I posted there, but same story. It fits… barely.

1 Like

My case lid sits on my cooler, as the cooler is like 3-5mm too tall.

My case is a fake Norco 4224 imitation case

1 Like

ARCTIC is no longer shipping the cooler to the US via their Ebay store. Just a few days ago, they were accepting US orders. I wonder why. Now the stock for this cooler has truly dried up.

i was able to place an order on the same store earlier in the week. i did it the second i saw no stock, and figured worst case i sell mine on ebay if i don’t want it (i do want it)

So the cooler does not fit in my case (kind of). See detailed post here:

1 Like

ARCTIC is now re-shipping the cooler to the US via their Ebay store. However, they have raised their US shipping rate to $42.16, which I think is double what it was earlier. Now the cooler+shipping+taxes is over $100.

I wonder if they got hit by unexpected customs charges earlier, and they temporarily stopped shipping to US to figure something out.

2 Likes

FYI, their listing states they won’t ship to the US.

I just bought one yesterday from there. I don’t know what game they’re playing, but mine is in the mail already in transit.

2 Likes

They probably saw your order and said “scheiße we forgot to change that one too” lol

2 Likes

just got mine in the mail straight from Germany. and I must say… nothing… NOTHING could have prepared me for the size of this thing.

3 Likes