Thanks Fractal! Node 804 build

How's it going guys? 

I thought I would share my recent build with everyone to gather some feedback, I always try to improve upon my system building abilities, I consider it a bit of a hobby.

Long story short I had a fully fledged epic gaming machine about six months ago which I built into a Corsair Carbide AIR 540, I sold the machine but always missed that case. This time around when building myself a new desktop I was on the hunt for something similar but not as large. 

Enter the Fractal Design Node 804, when I first discovered this case I fell in love, mATX form factor (my favorite again) and a very VERY similar layout to the AIR 540.

This machine is now somewhat complete, I may add a second graphics card if I find I need it but as I game at 1080p I don't think I will, for now at least. 

Specs are:

- Intel Core i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz 1.25v / Noctua NH-C14

- Kingston 16GB (2x8) 1600Mhz C9 HyperX Beast

ASRock Micro-ATX Z87M Extreme 4

Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 3GB OC @ 1100/1350 Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATAIII

Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATAII x2 (Mirrored)

Fractal Design Node 804 Case

Cooler Master 120MM Sickleflow X Blue LED x3

Thermaltake SMART 750W 80+ Bronze

Thanks!

Conrad - Australia

Very nice build. You've asked for feedback, well, there's nothing that I would really criticise. You might have placed a little more money into the GPU, but the 280 is a good card.

I am torn between the Node 804 and the Air 240.

Node 804 all the way...that shit is just sexy and sophisticated!

Thank you, I had a reference R9 290 previously, while it ran hot it was a beast so the 280 is a bit of a downgrade, I am contemplating whether to stick it out with this one 280 until the next generation of cards come out or whether to just buy a second one, chuck it in and be done for a while.

I like the Air 240's smaller footprint. The rear of the Fractal is not symmetrical, which makes me sad.

Personally, I would just stick with the single 280, until you're not happy with it. It can manage most games on ultra presets.

Generally, it's better to upgrade little and often, rather than dishing out on a couple of cards. You'll miss out on future tech.

Sound advice!