Tesla trucks

Yeah it looks awesome, really tempted to get one. But EVs are so god damn boring to drive.

You have not the sounds, but you have the sheer power and acceleration, and thatā€™s what counts. And I find noisy cars annoying, when you walk and there is that insecure man that try to show off.

3 Likes

I personally like the sound, but most of all I love hydraulic steering and a manual gearbox.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how fast fleets of trucks and cars spin up. That will make or break EV vehicles.Driverless or not.

Its funny that you have to be an insecure man to like the sound of a carā€™s engine. In this day and age it seems like people are fine with everyone else doing something that isnā€™t harming anyone, unless the person is a straight man; then thereā€™s a problem.

As for the sports car. I havenā€™t had a sports car, but i imagine, there will be other aspects of driving a EV that could be fun. Like, i mean, going from 0-60 in less than 2 secs, i have to imagine the tires sound different in particular with that kind of acceleration, and youā€™ll be able to hear the tires much clearer as well.

What are you going on about?

I dont care much anymore as I am an old fart. But the car is a very exciting animal to a man. The sight, feel, acceleration and sound are primal urge tickling things. I came up with muscle cars and had one. It was a ton of fun.

In Australia now its all speed cameraā€™s everywhere and police looking to fine drivers for anything to raise money. So I drive like an old lady now. Bring on driverless cars and watch Australia fines drop to nothing. Wait that why we wont get driverless cars anytime soon.

1 Like

Well apparently the base model is going to cost $200,000 United States
Screenshot_20171117-134641
Screenshot_20171117-134632

>620 mile range

how long does it take for that beast to charge

1 Like

nvidia-ceo-jen-hsun-huang-gtc-titan-z-gtx-540x334

6 Likes

Probably a supercharger in about 2 hours
Given that existing p100d 100 batteries that are half the size take 40 minutes or 50 minutes

So on the existing supercharger it would take like 2 hours
But on the new Mega chargers that the truck will use, if they are a compatible
who knows,
because the truck says it gets 400 miles of range in 30 minutes

Musk said the Roadster had a 200kWh battery pack and a 620-mile range per charge, or over 1,000 kilometers. Again, another record shattered ā€” or so Musk claims. Imagine driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back, without recharging, Musk teased.

10703499_732727036776649_229025012595067932_n

Having worked 3 years in the old city, itā€™s just annoying to have douchebags going in the city to make a lot of noises just to show off instead of using their car properly and going on the highway.

2 Likes

youā€™re able to afford a 200/250K car?

The team that designs the Model 3 and produces it is NOT the team designing the Roadster or the Semi. You donā€™t have to worry about them focusing on a problem. Theyā€™re handeling it. The 3 is delayed, and no one should be surprised this is happening, Elon said that his estimates at launch were lofty, and that it WILL go as slow as the unluckiest part.

how much but kWh is 400 miles?

Itā€™s it 400 miles at 80000lbs @ 60mph

Or is it 400miles at 40000lbs @ 50mph

We dont know yet.

We have seen images of the driver seat showing 770miles rangeā€¦ So thereā€™s some play with the range, depending on how heavy your load is.

Those estimated numbers for those Trucks do look very interesting.
Especially for road transportation in smaller countries.
Also pretty fast charging time.

Kman could fit his fingers in those holes, THEYā€™RE HUGE

The current Tesla supercharger connector is massiveā€¦ The cable itself is over an inch thick.

I donā€™t want to imagine the cable/mechanism for the Megachargerā€¦

When I watched the announcement all I could think about was this youtube vid:
(the title is misleading IMO, its more just about automation and the growing pains we will have with it).

And what was going through my mind was, surely just like Iā€™ve heard about the model 3, the hardware is all there for level 5 automation, they are just waiting for the software to catch up.

This truck should be making truckers sh*t themselves- that cockpit is not meant to be manned in the future.

They said that that estimate was at full 80 thousand pounds load at highway speeds

1 Like

I mean each individual electrical connection on that big ass connector