Tesla Model 3 Event

The argument that you can fill up in 5 minutes doesn’t really work here, after driving 200-300 miles if your not stopping to take a break your being a pretty irresponsible driver.

The argument you want to make is what if you forget to charge your car.

For city life electric cars are great. For me they dont work because i live in a smaller town where i drive around 4 hours when i want to go to a larger city for good shopping. If i could charge when shopping it would be great.

You normally cam these days. I guess it depends where you live. Round here’s there’s always a few chargers around the town’s and shopping centers all have charge stations.

My thing would be driving short distances but lots of them over the day, which I guess as you said depends on where the changers are around town.

That’s why most of them are in shopping malls.

The logic being you’re not sitting around in your car waiting for it to charge. You’re at the grocery store buying food. Or you’re buying clothes at the shop or at the park.

Or it’s a bathroom/food break for your roadtrip.

It’s a change of habbit really. Plug in wherever you stop just to top it off. If you’re always above 50% you’ll charge to full in 15 minutes.

But the biggest part is you only need to use the super charger if you drive more than the rated range in one day. Because charging it overnight at home is the most effective way.

For you case, living 4 hours away from civilization, gas will be the better solution for you for a while. until the expand the superchager network into your area and or start producing cars with larger batteries/range.

Still don’t know why they didn’t put solar panels in the roof as an option.

Sure the battery is 60kWhrs, but if I only do 20 minutes (15km) driving a day and leave the car baking in the sun for 8 hours, 300w would be close to recharging that amount, all in perfect conditions of course. I guess I am a niche case, living that close to work.

nah, probably just too much shit bouncing around in his head, and putting it into words takes a couple of attempts. He seems to me to be an honest sort of person, compared to someone who might try and act a certain way to manipulate those around him.

I would think that the engineering to do such thing would be too expensive for the slim benefits. Maybe later when transparent solar panel will finally became a thing it would be easier to integrate it in a car (as in buildings).

Parsing information is at least an equal, if not greater than, explanation. (See the first part … )

EDIT: “1.) yes, an actual stutter”

1 Like

IIRC they said it was possible.

But the costs of engineering panels to fit the curve of roof/hood panels was too much. might be wrong on that part

1 Like