Terraria or Starbound (or Neither)

Hello Forum,

I've been looking up different games and terraria and Starbound interested me.

So, I was wondering which one I should get, or if I should get either of them, and why.

I have Starbound and I never play it. This isn't to say it's bad, but I'm so absorbed in League and Dayz that I can't seem to find time for it. I guess I really don't enjoy the gameplay that much either, but everyone I know really likes Starbound, so it can't be that bad. I have never owned Terraria, though I've played it briefly. Starbound just seems to be the more expansive of the two, so if you get one go with that. 

I've played Terraria a lot, I have 250 hours into it, but it gets boring after a while. The best part about it (after beating the game waaaay back in alpha) was getting updates and finding the new stuff, but because of the way the game is there is practically zero replay value. That said, they are making "Terraria 2", and terraria is certainly worth it, even more so if you get it on sale. It's a load of fun to play it with a friend or a few.

But Starbound? Starbound has been out for what, a month now? and I have 135 hours into it already. It's at the same point right now as when I first got into terraria, brand new and constantly getting updates. It has a lot more ... refinement than terraria, it plays smoother, servers are a lot less choppy, the currently six different races have individual equipment (though they aren't bound to only that equipment like some MMOs), there is loads of premade items, and even more procedurally generated ones. Though, because it is in such an early state, it's a much 'shorter' game than terraria, but that adds to the fun of finding new stuff when there's an update.

TL;DR? Both Terraria and Starbound (IMO) are really fun games, Terraria gets a little stale after a play through it or two, and has officially ended development, but is getting a sequel, Starbound has just started, so there is a limited actual 'story', but will be lots and lots of updates to come.

If you want to just be able to play a completely completed game and have a lot of fun with it, get Terraria and play it alone for a bit to get the feel for it and then a private server with a friend or a few. Though, if you like alphas and such, Starbound is already a really good game.

Terraria goes on sale a lot, but because of Starbound being so new I wouldn't expect a sale on it any time soon.

I could probably go on and on for a few more paragraphs, but I better just post this now.