Tell Me About Star Citizen

I just stumbled upon this game a few minutes ago and the trailer was absolutely jaw dropping. I never knew this existed. I want to know what you guys think about the game and if you think it's worth putting money towards. I'm a little high off of the hype and don't want to jump the gun and spend money on something I won't like (I'll probably like it though lol.)

I don't know much but from what I can understand, It's basically EVE Online meets Freespace. At least I think. I'd really like for someone to explain in detail what the game is.

Rogue like space sim MMO?  That's basically what I've gotten out of the videos I've seen.

Yes, WhiskeyRanger, it is a space sim MMO with rouge like elements (Perma-death being one but it isn't as scary as you think lol)

I ended up putting $40 towards the project. The game is geared towards high end PC users so consoles will not hold it back. Star Citizen is running on a modified version of CryEngine 3 and is still in the very early stages of development (like Pre-Alpha early lol) but it looks very promising. The Dog Fighting Module will be released for testing by backers and I have a strong feeling that those slots will go very quickly once the DFM is released.