Tek Syndicate recycled circuit boards coasters?

Nice!

The only thing about the SD is usability. Protecting it is good, and if the coaster pops apart, it's easy enough to pop it out to put whatever on it.

Freaking amazing work, I think.

yeah, the idea will be that the glass cover can come off with a few screws which gives you access to everything inside which then can all be removed or added on too. Say you only want purple leds, then just take them out and put yours in.
Right now I am having trouble with the attachment system for the cover, but might be able to figure it out at the end of the day.

1 Like

Mm, attachments. Metal latches?

nah, that isnt too much a problem, just have to figure out how to utilize the pressure sensor. Thinking I will use between 2 or 4 sensors (depends on the coast of each one and reliability).

Would also love it if someone could design a custom PCB for it to give it an ultra Tek feel. I suck at board designs, so if someone else could, that would be awesome.

It certainly would. Another thing I don't do well though. :P

this would be amazing. Perhaps "tek syndicate" spelled out in a trace and a burning earth somewhere on the board :D

1 Like

It would be fun if the PCB coasters could actual function as actual electronics too. Maybe like a cMoy headphone amplifier PCB in the shape of a coaster or something. That way they could be actual coasters, or a DIY headphone amp if the buyer wanted.

1 Like

I'd buy it, especially if there was a way to get the logo on these, like we have on the wooden coasters.

Agree with this, but it might be a good idea to start with scrap pcb coasters first to keep things simple and realistic for adding to the store in a timely manner. This could get really out of hand quickly if we start down the working device path - unless they went with something like @Azivegu is working on since he already made some initial design concepts.

Scrap PCBs could be iffy though unless all of the solder is removed. Any solder on there and the coaster could get pretty lumpy and slippery.

If I knew how to work Eagle I could probably get a preliminary cMoy coaster designed tonight, they're actually pretty simple.

Can confirm that a tek branded PCB coaster would be a must have for me.

Would buy 10/10

1 Like

Its funny how I never even thought of using a PCB without the Raze The World logo. I was already going for a tek style design. Dont think I would add the name Tek Syndicate, as that removes the versatility of it. But maybe the burning earth logo or something like the design of the month t-shirt.

Was thinking for that, dont just print a logo onto the glass, but use a thin sheet of plastic between the case and glass plate that you can swap out for your own design or just a clear glass if you like the clean look. The beauty of such a unapologetically exuberant luxury good, is that you can design it to yourself, not what a store delivers.

I was actually just thinking, Why even assemble the thing? Just provide kits that you assemble yourself into a working product. That way you can have a pimped out coaster, a amp dac, a regular arduino to run stuff with, Bluetooth speaker, whatever the hell you want. Just work on a basic design for which everything fits, ship the parts and let the user build. It would be kind of like a mini-comp build and you get to add a more personal touch with it (I mean, do you love a laptop you bought at a store more, or the computer which you assembled and tenderly cared for while it valiantly served its duty?

1 Like

I actually have a speaker amp with an Arduino in it. It's really fun, and with some slight tweaks I could probably set it up with music synced lights and bling and stuff.

But that's another project for another time.

1 Like

2 year necro. Thread is locked.