Tek Syndicate mouse. Is this seller legit?

I've been recently looking for a relatively inexpensive gaming mouse and I was trying to choose between the Logitech G502 Core(unfortunately, spectrum isn't available where I live) and Mionix Castor. And then after doing some research, it turns out Mionix doesn't have a service centre where I live and so I was left with the G502 but I HATE braided cables and LEDs that have no function other than appearance.

Then I thought tek syndicate has a mouse. Let me see what the ridiculous import duties and other bullshit put together would cost me. Oh.. they're sold out. But wait, somebody's selling the mouse on ebay -

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tek-Syndicate-Gaming-Mouse-Standard-Issue-/121955126474
for the Indian equivalent of $84.

and on amazon -

for the Indian equivalent of $77.

So questions -
1. Are these legitimate sources??

1. In your opinion, would the tek syndicate mouse be worth it given the 'Logitech G502 Core' costs the Indian equivalent of $59 and comes with a 3 year warranty.

2. Does the tek syndicate mouse come with warranty? Would it come with warranty if I bought from one of these two sources?

@epicjohn runs the store, he might be able to give an answer for #1.

Personally, I really want a G502 because it has a free scrolling wheel. Pretty much no other optical mouse has that - also it has the Pixart 3366 which is considered one of the best sensors available on the market. (TS Standard has a Pixart 3310 - still a good sensor.) I also hear that the TS Standard has a fairly heavy cable, so if you hate braided cables for their weight it won't wake much of a difference. It [probably] doesn't have a warranty - it's already EOL as it is.

On the plus side, no braided cable, lighter, modest appearance. No frills with a classic design. (Also I feel bad recommending a mouse other than the site's :P Just want to be honest)

1 Like

You don't buy the Tek Syndicate mouse really to get a mouse for any real purpose other than to support the people involved with Tek Syndicate. That is just my feeling on the whole thing.

Hey, for $40 it's a great mouse. There aren't many others in that price point for what you get and QC. Closest you can get is the Nixeus Revel, which isn't even officially out yet, or a Mionix mouse if you get it on MD.

At this price point, though, I don't know. Personally I'd go with the G502.

$40 ? Where are you getting the G502 Core for that price?

Not the G502, the TS Standard. Sorry if that was confusing

Where I live, I'm paying twice that for the TS mouse.

Yeah, I know, given your links. I was talking about US prices, hence why my last sentence said "At this price point, though," saying that Indian prices are evidently different (the G502 is cheaper).

According to https://geekhack.org/?topic=56240.0 , "the feet tend to come off when used on some surfaces". Are the feet just stuck on solid plastic, in which case I'd be okay with it coming off. Long as it doesn't impact the tracking.

@DeusQain can confirm however I'm almost certain this is not a legitimate source. Qain mentioned the other day that there are only a few left in stock and those are in the Amazon US store. All other sources sold out.

It could be a real mouse, but it's not a legitimate source as far as I know.

it looks like it's our company. the reviews are the same. it just looks like it's the "india" site.

1 Like

Assuming you gave some to "shop your world"? (ive no idea how distribution works.)

Oh.. no... but if they have it, probably means they bought it from us.

I think they might be getting these from the factory in China.

So does that mean the limited first run is not so limited, just that you guys stopped selling them.

@Logan @DeusQain any info for a new or the original mouse coming back in stock?

No... that means that the factory is being evil... and ripping us off.

6 Likes

Any news perhaps on the epic pants reseller on amazon UK? Or is it another imposter's?

You need Trump, he knows people in China.

4 Likes

not only are they selling it

but over selling it over 200%