Tek Syndicate android app

What next..... how about this?

I've got a simple app that lists off the tek and inbox videos and plays them along with the description that comes from the page. Right now it is parsing the page to get the data. This could be taken as a base to start from. It certainly needs a bit of work in the aesthetics department, and there are a couple of bugs most of which I predict will be easily fixed. We would also probably want to remove all of the web parsing code and replace it once the json feeds are up and running.

I should be able to get this checked into the repo tomorrow (just waiting for sign off at work as outside projects need to be approved).

you rock Wendell ;)

Please I want!

I love the idea.

Cross-platform? Think of iOS, WP and whatever I missed out. Talking about net neutrality and taking the word "neutrality" as a serious subject...

That would probably depend on if there are any developers for those platforms that are willing to do this.

Android is probably a better place to start as anyone with any decent computer can get stuck in. For iOS development you need a Mac to run Xcode and the simulator, and I'm told that you have to have windows to develop for WP.

Maybe it's time to hire or invite both an iOS and WP API devs to our team? :D

In a future version you could put a section to the app where it allows you to download mp3 versions of The Tek and Inbox.exe like a podcast. Just a suggestion :D I will definitely use this app 

This is seriously awesome.

"What now bitches?"

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Here's a working prototype for anyone to play around with - http://gta-5-map.com/TekSyndicate/TekSyndicate.apk

It only gets the video feed from YouTube and allows you to watch the videos with the YouTube player. No comments or anything like that yet.

Couple of ideas for the Feed API:

1. Add the youtube video ID (if available) and post-type to each item - This way we can use the type to check whether or not to load YouTube or an article view. And load the YouTube link directly, rather than loading the html page and scraping.
  2. Provide the total count of items in the category in the top JSON node, as well as the page number &.. This way we can save the the results to a local DB so we're not making redundant network requests every time the app is used.  We only get the next page needed.  Then, if the videoCount != oldVideoCount - we can invalidate the last page retrieved and start from the start again.
  3. Even nicer would be to be able to query based on the last retrieved item - so the API would only return items newer than topicKey.  This way, we could bundle the feed DB with the app, and only update via the network when new items are available.

There's loads of cool shit we could do with this app - like saving videos to watch offline, notifying when new items available, etc.

If you add me to the repo (github name: T-Spoon) I'll push what I have so far - unless TwistedEquations has some code too(?)  In which case we could work out some sort of merge (I still like his list layout better).

Okay.

Now what?

Why not link the site to tapatalk? XDA uses tapatalk even though they have an app.

I believe tapatalk only works with bb-type forums. Which this is not.

its*

Sorry, I had to; from your other post. 

MOVING ON. 

What issues do you have with Chrome? 

I use chrome explicitly, and don't have any problems.

Try switching to the dark theme. I believe that will fix it.