Tek Rumors 0016: GNOME 3.20 Desktop Released | AMD 8-Core Zen CPU Engineering Sample Spotted | Oculus Can Harvest Your Data If You Agree To Terms Of Service

benchmark looks fake.

though in terms of it performance wise its faster than skylake. (if overclocked near 4GHz) also this doesn't look like enthusiast level chip. Due to dual channel memory (it offers only 4 slots)

They should have the 16 core variant which hopefully will make up for that.

Notice how there's no vertical axis... classic graph fudging.

I also just noticed this pic is over a year old.

Obviously. it was just a stock picture from Google. It wasnt supposed to represent Zen at its current state.

But if you want good FP32/FP64, I assume that AMD wants you to use their APUs. They are planning on using APUs for HPC, so it would make sense for them to not focus on it too much on the cpu cores. That said, I wouldn't take these results as gospel.

they are also getting more involved with HSA...

HA FUCK YOU INTEL....... I mean, ohhh yaaaayyyyy

Considering that they are pushing HSA, GCN, and APUs for HPC, I expect that the FP32/64 will be pretty amazing on their Zen APUs. So if you need that, so with APUs. If you don't need that, then don't.

HSA is already working well in Libre Office, Hoping other applications adopt it.

LOL they always do.. Good OpenSUSE... thats why your awesome

I meant for like heavy compute oriented stuff, not just spreadsheets and whatnot. Scientific workloads and whatnot. Maybe rendering and physics computation one day?

I used to look forward to the Oculus Rift a while back, up until I seen there was no linux support. Becoming Windows only. This really just drives me away further, upon hearing this news.

So far, the HTC VIVE has my interests, though I'll possibly have to wait. At least until I find out how well my lonely GTX 780Ti can hold up to any VR tasks.

For those using Arch or any other Arch Based Distro. Gnome 3.20 has been removed from the Testing repository. it's in the Extra's Repository now and your system will be updated to Gnome 3.20 IF you have the Repository enabled in the Pacman.conf file. and you try to sync and update Pacman.