Technical Support: how do you fix the problem where your monitor turns off for 1 second then turns back on?

how do you fix the problem where your monitor turns off for 1 second then turns back on? it is getting very annoying.

All ideas are welcome thanks.

I built this computer myself. it does not have a GPU. i assume it is the MB.

Thanks.

1 Like

check your power cables.

What kind of monitor? I've seen some TVs switch modes when they detect a video is being played (Sony in particular) but I haven't necessary seen it happen on monitors. Just a thought.
Is it completely random, or is it caused by something you do? Also try the monitor on another computer and see if you get the same problem.

I tried power cables. Same problem. I think it then has to be drivers, or defective MB or CPU. This is a strange problem to diagnose.

I picked up the Dell U3415W.

Probably the motherboard outputs, I had a 290 and I believe the display port on it was defective, so I stuck with DVI.
Do you have any other cables that you could test out?
I looked on the website and it had a Display Port and an HDMI, so try one of the other cables if you have it.

I had a weird issue where my monitor would do this on dark screens, if you are able to navigate to a pure white screen see if it will stay on longer. For me it happened on a secondary monitor so it was fairly simple to just throw a white background on it. Not really sure why it worked but it did so see if thats any use to you!

UPDATE - PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

it was a cable, but not the power cable. i changed the display port cable, and so far no issues. feels too good to be true. i had no idea that was thing that can be defective.

anyways thanks for now.

1 Like

sounds like my old samsung smart tv. that thing blew a capacitor