Tech industry jobs without a degree

I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice on getting into the tech industry for someone who can't afford to get a college degree. Could someone who teaches themselves to code ever hope to find a job? Or someone with just certifications? Any part of the tech industry would be great, not just programming.

Also, thanks for the awesome videos. I recommend your channel to anyone who will listen.

I've had a job and many Job offers in the "Tech Industry" since the summer after my freshman year. It is extremely doable. You need to be able to show that you know what you're doing though. It all depends on what you want to work in and are interested in too.

If you want to do sysadmin stuff that will be pretty difficult because of the prior knowledge and experience requirements.

But for me I've been doing Web Development for the past 4+ years. ( I still only really know HTML/CSS ) and have a full time job at the biggest marketing firm in my city.

You also have the ability to do freelance jobs too. There is more than enough hope it just depends on what you want to do exactly.

Thanks so much for the reply! I recently started working through the html and CSS courses at CodeAcademy, I'll definitely keep it up and see where it takes me. I just didn't know when I started whether it'd be useful knowledge as far as getting a job.