Tea suggestions

I can also recommend the Yorkshire Gold. My English neighbor drank that all the time and it paired nicely with shortbread. Warning, it stains cups.

1 Like

@dot404
You can check this youtube channel. There is some good info about tea.

For sure, will check that after work… while sipping on tea! Bahaha!!!

PG Tips, made me the man I am today!
Put 4 bags in a teapot with hot water, let it stew. Drink with milk & sugar (not too much). Repeat all day, every day, until your tea pot disintegrates. Get a new one. Make sure it pours properly and doesn’t drip everywhere.
Also make sure you have a good tea cosy to keep the pot warm. I don’t know about all this fancy tea light stuff. Old tricks are the best tricks.

1 Like

The “tea cosy” was the secret agenda behind this thread. I did not know what those things were called. Today tea lingo, tomorrow the world!

Aren’t there little stands that keep tea warm? Would also be worried if these are a fire hazard?

1 Like

They’ve got stands, they usually hold a candle or something of the sort. You can try it if you like, they’re usually relatively cheap, depending on design. (there are some more traditionally styled and some that are more “industrial” looking)

I just heat up water in a kettle, steep straight into my cup and drink it. Electric kettle really helped there.

1 Like

@dot404 thanks for making this post, I had forgotten about Barry’s tea but your post helped me remember.

I bought some from Amazon and are enjoying it now. I forgot how much I loved this tea.

1 Like

Tea is good. Tea is life.

already had 4 cups yesterday.

Today begins a new with a fresh cup. I’ve found that using heavy-whipping cream gives a much milker taste as compared to half-&-half or regular milk.

I prefer just plain old tea. Occasionally I will slip in some almond milk and honey.

1 Like

David’s and Barry’s tea orders came in and they all smell amazing!

I used to have one but lost it to a moving out with the old roommate. It’s not the amount… it’s how fast you can clean it and how often you can reuse it.

Have you gotten enough Tea purchase recommendations? I prefer herbal and flower teas, primarily with sourcing from southeast Asia. I recommend finding a way to keep track of what you enjoy to start building your taste preference. I know that I prefer rose petal, orange peel, raspberry, and ginseng among a ton of flavors I recognize on sight but can’t recall.

I’ve got one like that. Mine is 16oz, the idea is you steep the tea in it and set it on top of the pitcher/cup and it strains into the container. Then you can make another pitcher later if you’d like.

1 Like

What a delightful thing to nerd out to.

1 Like

Had barry’s yet?

I’ve already started burning though mine.

1 Like

Earlier I tried some Barry’s mixed with Coffee Pu’reh from David’s … it was life changing. I can’t wait until morning so that I can try some more! MOAHR!!!

Try tea imported directly from asian countries. The tea there is very good. Even the cheaper teas taste good there IMO. I stockpiled a bunch of tea from my japan trip and i love it. Tea is such a prevalent thing there that its not hard to find good tea. Most restaurants provide a cup of green tea instead of water.

1 Like

Any recommendations on where to buy?

I like green tea the most. I am ok with black tea. I like my tea stock just leaves no additional flavoring

I have found that drinking black tea before green makes the green flavor stronger

1 Like

^ otherwise find either a really nice Chinese/Asian friend and ask them to bring you done when they go back to visit