Tea suggestions

@moderators, can you split this off into another thread, pretty please?

1 Like

Just to get the thread back on track, what do yā€™all like to add to your tea, or do you prefer drinking it straight?

Personally I do add sugar to my tea, but not heaps of it. i enjoy having some sweetness to my tea. Strsight teas are also great if youā€™ve got a box of cookies or a bag of swerts beside you. I generally add more sugar if Iā€™m buying from a cafe or food store, primarily because they overbrew the crap out of it by throwing 2 teabags into all sized cups, including small ones. Drives me nuts but thatā€™s the way it is

1 Like

For me it depends on the tea. I like honey or vanilla almond milk (regular milk doesnā€™t sit well with me, but Iā€™m not lactose intolerant :man_shrugging: ).

1 Like

I usually add a bit of sugar, about 1tsp.

Unless Iā€™m drinking a pure tea, something like emperors clouds, then Iā€™ll drink it straight.

1 Like

does almond milk change the taste of the tea compared to regular milk? for me, almond milk by itself is weird after a few sips so Iā€™m genuinely curious

itā€™s very annoying waking up early in the morning and having to milk all your free range almonds

1 Like

It does taste different than regular milk, but I feel that the flavored almond milk has a significant taste improvement over regular milk.

Also, I find that the almonds donā€™t generally mind a good milking, so long as we donā€™t overmilk them.

1 Like

I like to use Teabox they have a large selection of loose leaf tea. They also have some decent sample packs if you are not sure what you really want.

1 Like

Lapsang Souchong, Falls under the aquired taste category. Got to get that one loose leaf or it usually ends up tasting like burnt paper. And if you donā€™t like it almost every tea you try after it will taste great by comparison. Also if you make it to strong itā€™s going to taste like smoky chewing tobacco. I donā€™t drink it often, usually make it then use it for making rice.

1 Like

Jesus! Going to be busy for some time trying these out. Thank you all!

1 Like

Chamomile straight up.

2 Likes

Harney and Sons, based out of New York has tons of a variety of loose leaf and tea sachet teas from around the world. Budget tea to top quality.

I recommend Japanese Sencha for green tea, simple and cheap traditional tea with tons of flavor.
Black tea would be Assam or Puā€™Erh teas from India.
Oolong probably not for beginners since you have to brew it pretty well for the full effect.

Make sure you look around for the different ways to brew a tea. There are several different ways to brew the same leaves depending on where you are from, westerners tend to steep longer but less tea at a time, eastern tea is mostly steeped in 30 second to 2 minutes long and resteeped more often, but less flavor at once.

1 Like

Straight. I really donā€™t get the milk thing. Different people different tastes I guess.

When I want to drink something that is not just straight tea Iā€™ll add a shot of rum in it.

1 Like

Ordered some Barrys reg. and decaf. I will slowly be going through this thread. :smiley:

Ordered the Pukka Three Tulsi Tea, Blackcurrant Beauty Tea, Three Ginger Tea, and Elderberry & Echinacea Tea. Yay!

https://www.davidstea.com/us_en/accessories-1/accessories/teapots-tea-makers/36oz-steeper-1 Considering buying this. However, when I drink tea I drink ALOT ā€¦ is 36oz enough? Havenā€™t taken a looksie at their tea selection yet.

Bought the Coffee Puā€™erh, Juicy Orange, and the Silver Tea Press.

1 Like

Match Green Tea is pretty good, especially in powdered* form.

1 Like

Powered form? As in over 9000?! :wink:

Gah! Itā€™s a Sunday! Thatā€™s my excuse anyway :wink:

1 Like

Tehehe, couldnā€™t help myself!