Tea suggestions

Recently started being much more interested in tea and tea accessories. Anyone have some suggestions?

My favourites are plain old black tea, Earl Grey tea and rooibos - all three with milk. I’ve found rooibos to vary a lot between brands though so make sure to try multiple ones.

1 Like

Barry’s Tea (gold blend) from Ireland was really delicious. I prefer my tea builder’s style.

2 Likes

I prefer my tea American style:

You take the finest British blend, preferably transported by sea, and then steep it in the waters of Boston Harbor.

6 Likes

For reals though, anything you like or don’t like?

Because without much to go on I’m going to recommend everything in this thread:

2 Likes

You cant beat Assam made in the indian way. with milk obvs

1 Like

I’m kind of a tea hipster, so you’ll have to take my advise with that in mind.

I absolutely love green tea. Something about it, add some peppermint and I’m in heaven.

Other things I normally drink are English Breakfast, Earl Grey and on occasion some white tea. Silver needle is my go-to for white, but it’s expensive. (most white tea is going to be)

1 Like

I know this isn’t what you’re asking for, but as an FYI to anyone who likes tea, Teavana is going out of business, if you weren’t aware, so everything they still have on the shelves is extremely discounted. I have a source at Starbucks who stockpiled a bunch for me. EDIT: Teavana will only be discounted in their stores, not Starbucks. :expressionless:

Earl Grey with a splash of honey is my favorite. I also used to love a cinnamon flavored tea that doesn’t exist anymore, and have yet to find a suitable replacement.

1 Like

Tea as in British with milk and sugar the best brand commonly available is Yorkshire Tea.

For fancy tea that is probably more like what you are talking about. I like Pikka Tea in particular Peppermint & Licorice

https://www.naturisimo.com/products.cfm?id=952&

2 Likes

One of my absolute favorites is Peach Green tea. I have some stockpiled not only from various stores near me, but also some from my trip to japan. Something about it just makes me melt for it. peach tea to me is like pumpkin spice to white girls.

I generally lean to the side of green teas and oolongs, but i do love me a good white tea, roobios tea, fruit/berry tea, and black tea as well. I tend to avoid any tea that has cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, or other random spices. If theres a small amount sprinkled in then thats fine, but as long as it isnt the main sidekick flavor. I have yet to try yellow tea, i havent seen ti anywhere locally and supposedly its expensive.

have you ever tried adding in home grown dried peppermint leaves? My gran sometimes gets dried mint leaves that are extremely fresh. thriw a bit into the tea and it really is something else.

do you know if this applies to international stores as well? i have a few teavana’s not too far from me. I generally dont like their teas, they taste very artificial, but if its heavily discounted then i can live with it

1 Like

Sorry, I got clarification. Teavana itself is going out of business, so anything from their stores will be incredibly discounted. It looks like Starbucks is just going to just sell off their products at the regular prices. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll pay a visit to my local ones and see whats going on there, if anything.

1 Like

When did this happen? I was in there last weekend.

I knew Starbucks was planning to kill them off for a while, but damn.

I guess I’ll have to find another source for tea. They had some good ones. :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like they made the decision to start closing all 379 Teavana stores at the end of this past July, but they will be closing by next spring, so I guess some stores will be closing sooner than others?

2 Likes

David’s Tea. They sell loose leaf organic tea that is just delicious.

2 Likes

@1ncanus Ah, it’s possible that because the location I go to is very likely profitable (they get a ton of traffic) they’re going to try to milk it as long as possible.

From what I can see, the long term effect of this is going to be the eventual closing of malls. JCPenny (of all companies, I thought they’d be relatively immune to this) and Gamestop have announced similar plans to close, these companies citing online shopping as a primary detractor from their sales. Don’t want to get too off-topic, but this is going to be an interesting few years.

@Jody Thanks, I’ll definitely have to check it out.

1 Like

TBH, for some of these places, good riddance. Never was a fan of certain brick and mortar stores. Downside is the possible monopolization of online sales via Amazon. Interesting times ahead

1 Like

That’s my concern. I go out of my way to get things from Best Buy when the prices are within like $5-10, depending on the item, because when I’m building and run out of thermal paste, or need a DP cable or something like that, I really appreciate them being there, not to mention the fact that I don’t like monopolies.

Also, Best Buy is getting quite a bit better when it comes to competitive pricing.

1 Like

We can start another thread if you don’t want to derail this one, but the local malls here have already started closing. One has closed and has foreclosed, so the city owns it again and plans to use the location as office space or a sports arena that has been in talks for years. (I live in a large metropolis.)

1 Like

I’m down for another thread. No more derailing the precious tea thread

2 Likes