Taking the plunge to linux

Im going to put elementary OS on my chromebook since ubuntu based distros are well supported on the chromebook, as for my desktop something with gnome on it looks pretty good. 

I finally got elementary installed on my chromebook and I really like it. Is it me or does the tek syndicate website look better on linux than windows?

Nice wallpaper, you have a link?

Linux can have some very nice font rendering (if done right) so yes it can look better.. sometimes.

I get all my wallpaper from: https://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/

It has wallpaper for almost every single screen res and people upload high quality images to it every day. That wallpaper should be down the list on the first page. 

Thanks!

Everything looks better on linux than on windows.

Congrats and enjoy!

Yup conky is the shit. I had it on CrunchBang while using a laptop for light work. Once I built a PC for gaming and was stuck here I tried to find a windows version of it. Rainmeter is nice but it has bugs and just plain does not look as good, but I am able to make my own skins so I am happy for now. 

Really would love legit conky for windows... Fuck it I will dual boot linux when I get some more sata cables.

The update system in Mint can be modified to include all available security updates no matter stability. This solves that issue.

Any idea where in the world that photo was taken? I am working on making an ArmA 3 terrain and that looks so sexy.

Actually,  i have been doing all my updates in terminal. So you can really just skip the package manager if you so chose. Found that out by accident one day. :)

The description said this:

"Bow Valley vantage point atop Sulphur Mountain at Banff National Park, Alberta"

I heard there was going to be a chrome os update were you can install what ever os you want. Now I won't have to deal with this cruton bs and boot directly into elementary.