Return to

Taco Bell is hiring!

Good Afternoon L1 Forums!

Wanted to contribute to the community that has helped me learn and grow my IT career for so many years. Taco Bell Service Desk is now hiring Level 1 Analysts here in Irvine, CA. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door. I started out as a L1 contractor but recently got hired on with Taco Bell Corp as L2. The environment is wonderful and supportive. I’ll answer any questions you guys have but here is my recruiter’s statement:

Calling all Technology Majors or Enthusiasts!
Staffmark is seeking a Help Desk Analyst to work at the Taco Bell Corp. headquarters. This is long term, indefinite contract assignment where individuals will be Staffmark employees on site at The Taco Bell Corp. headquarters.

Analysts are responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to POS systems, hardware, or software and network issues. Detailed duties are listed below:
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
• Provide first line analysis and resolution of escalated problems - To include using basic system operating commands to resolve software application problems as well as Hardware problems
• Troubleshoot 1st level calls as volume dictates-98% phones
• Defuse confrontational calls
• Perform remote dial-in connection help to resolve issues
• Monitor the problem queue and help resolve outstanding issues (conducting outbound calling as appropriate)
• Manage and prioritize work activities with minimal supervision to meet continuous deadlines which directly impact field operations
• Follow up with vendor to assist with dispatching hardware/broadband issues and confirm break fix completion
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
• Install computer peripherals for users

• Continued Education in IT or related certifications preferred
• Help Desk/Technical Support experience (0-3 years)
• Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
• Great oral and written communication skills

CONTACT JENNIFER BANKSTON AT [email protected] or 714/368-1777.

Dropping out of college and going for certs? crippling derperssion

Don’t show up drinking a Coke :slight_smile:

i held what was technically OTP1 at the mcdonalds i worked at. they are the in store tech support. each store is supposed to have one. most probably dont. POS is so fun

Do you take immigrates from convict settlements :slight_smile:

This. Laughed so hard I almost choked on my Baja Blast!

Interesting, I never knew McDs had that position. QSR experience is a plus BTW.

In the 90’s I worked at a moving company in Santa Ana that was a vendor. The Taco Bell people were always nice. My boss told me how people could get fired for some strange stuff, like bringing in a Diet Coke :slight_smile:
Did get to see the kitchen where they developed stuff which was kinda cool

i did mcd for many years. each store is supposed to have 2 OTP1, at least 1 OTP2 and 1 OTP3. usually OTP3 is the owner, and thus shared by all their franchise locations. it was interesting. basically from a tech perspective every single mcd is laid out exactly the same way. register numbers and everything

Interested. I used to do L1 support for a psudo-ISP for student complexes; trouble shooting TV and internet. I did it for about 1.5 years but the pay was terrible and this gave me bad depression because I was doing tech work for peanuts making the same as someone who makes burritos at chipotle.

I currently work for Walgreens IT, L1/L1.5 in a DC, but its part time and I still don’t make enough money; still live week-to-week.

@Marten Took me far too long to understand your reply -_-. I don’t see why it’d be a problem but I’m not HR aligned and don’t want to give you an incorrect answer. Shoot an email to my recruiter Jennifer and see what she says. With that said, we did have a Spanish speaking dog on the payroll :smiley:

@trucker When I first heard of the the coke rule it made me giggle. The culture is nothing short of amazing though; the people I work with surprise me every day in their willingness come together and get shit done. Our test kitchen is the cat’s meow!

@rockking Man that is an awesome solution to help desk - restaurant communication. Without going into too much detail its pretty much the same for us, we have a few outliers but generally speaking every keystone technology follows set guidelines.

@Dynamic_Gravity Having worked for a business process outsourcing firm I know that peanuts feeling. Not my experience at TB though. Full time positions available, OT is offered upon approval. Send my recruiter Jennifer an email, I’d say pay is competitive but I’ll leave that conversation for you two.

Tell Jenn to expect my email . Im not as interesting as a spanish speaking dog but I am toilet trained .